• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    If the snow doesn't get too bad, I'm hoping to make the drive to Tipton. I meet my father there from the east side of the state and we enjoy one another's company. Tipton is his home town.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    No Tipton trip for me!

Just got an email from my father. They have 4" of snow on the ground and windy with 6" more forecast for tonight. Certainly not worth driving through. :noway:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I will rainbows and unicorns all the guns and then shout out:' Are you not entertained?' Sorry,move flashback...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Hmm, I guess this is why all the gun shops are closed this weekend. :P I guess I'll just have to head over there. A bit of a drive, but my weekend is free. :D

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I just left there, after a fun filled drive of near death experiences... I will be there for the whole weekend... Stop by... and say Hello!! We'll be in the back room.... Looking forward to the fun... And from what I am hearing the food...

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I havn't been to the Tipton gun show in years even though my family is originally from there. They've always got a show the weekend before Thanksgiving too and we're always in town. Either way, I'm debating on making the 40 min trip tomorrow. Anyone know if they'll have bulk ammo for sale there? That's really all that I'm after (unless prices are worse that online bulk prices), well.....that and an impulse M&Pc .40 that I've been kicking around.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Hmm, 3 and 4 foot drifts across sr26 tonight, and pulled a friend out of one that was chest high. (Couldn't believe he thought he could get through) Maybe an hour drive isn't such a good idea after all.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Just a heads up Tipton County is under a snow emergency St. rd 28 is completely closed according to the radio. Only emergency vehicles are allowed on the road according to the radio.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    What did I miss?? I was planing on going but with the snow I am going to have enough trouble getting down my alley more less trying to go down the county roads on my hour drive. Maybe next time...

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Report from the south (Brown County)

I just got in from shoveling and plowing. We only got 4-5 inches of snow. Not nearly the walloping the folks north and east of Indy got!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well,the show had a lot of bare spots as some dealers didn't even try to make it.

Got to yap to Jahred from 21st Century and one of my buddy's tried selling his AR's to a couple newbs.He had great prices and a nice selection even had Gen4 Glocks to feel,touch,drool on.I'm waiting on the G19 Gen4 to arrive.

Denny from Off the Wall in G-town had a HUGE selection of Kimbers.

Bill from Bill's Guns had made in Indiana receivers for $85.00 NIB.

I noticed prices on some dealer's tables were high on AR15's for some reason but they gotta eat too.

Ate a cheeseburger while there.It was good but higher priced than I remember.Good deals if you bought complete meals tho.

Ammo prices were actually fair to middlin...

The Ammo Alley people had competitive pricing for their selections.

Not too bad a show for Tipton!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Got hammered last night. Spent about two hours this morning just OPENING UP the driveway. Still doesn't look very good. Level three emergency here in Randolph, and in every county around. Wifey was supposed to get home from dispatching for the sherriff at 4, didn't make it till 6. Nasty Nasty weather. Had a fatality in Wayne county. Still, INdot is doing an amazing job of keeping the hiway at least relatively drift free. You can get somewhere if it's an emergency, but 30 or 40 pretty much better be your top speed. Surface is ice covered by snow.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Top Bottom