• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am looking forward to this show to gander at stuff that will get me divorced. Hopefully something will find their way into my vault!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Was nice to see cool rigs, quite a few i liked at the show. Think three Ruger #1s were there. Went looking for an 870 special field 20 ga.....snowballs chance in Hades. 2nd item looking for.... Contender super 14 bbl in .35 rem. Guy had two of em at good price. One going on my frame tonight

Saw some guys I knew. Enjoyable 10 bucks.....yeah I had the lil woman w me. She likes some shop in Tipton, we hit that first. Dunno what she spent there LOL

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    The wife and I went this AM. Full house when we got there. I haven't been to this show in years. Had nothing on the "to do" list today, so we went. Did not buy anything as the dealers all seemed quite proud of what they had based on the prices I saw. However...it was refreshing to attend a show where it was not all black plastic guns. It took me back to when shows were walnut and blued steel. All in all it was okay.

BigBlock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Did any of you see a short Mossberg 500 barrel there? Pretty difficult to find one right now so I'll make the 1.5hr drive if it means I can pick one up. Needing an 18.5" smoothbore barrel for the house.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Was nice to see cool rigs, quite a few i liked at the show. Think three Ruger #1s were there. Went looking for an 870 special field 20 ga.....snowballs chance in Hades. 2nd item looking for.... Contender super 14 bbl in .35 rem. Guy had two of em at good price. One going on my frame tonight

Saw some guys I knew. Enjoyable 10 bucks.....yeah I had the lil woman w me. She likes some shop in Tipton, we hit that first. Dunno what she spent there LOL
    Tried to buy the Super 14 in Hornet from an old man, it was attached to a gen 1 frame and a pos scope. I offered him $250 for the barrel and he declined and pointed to the $950.00 tag on it. I giggled and kept steppin.

Did she stop in at Hortons Hardware Store?
    The owners are great folks.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Anyone see an M1A SOCOM, old Ruger 77s or CZ rifles?

I do not recall seeing a Socom. Saw some M1A's both post and Pre-ban. They were very proud of them though. Did see some Ruger 77. CZ'z...not sure there may have been some ? Couldn't get up close to many tables because the old guys were standing in front of them imparting their expert wisdom about the Chinese balloon and what they would do about them.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tried to buy the Super 14 in Hornet from an old man, it was attached to a gen 1 frame and a pos scope. I offered him $250 for the barrel and he declined and pointed to the $950.00 tag on it. I giggled and kept steppin.

Did she stop in at Hortons Hardware Store?
    The owners are great folks.
    Yeah, she likes Hortons. I put my new to me bbl on my stainless frame. Bbl is oldie, has a single pc lug. My Ingram 22 mag bbl does too and works fine on newer frame.

But the 35 rem bbl locked it up LOL. So i had to take gun apart. Poor lighting, old eyes, too much caffeine ...i got a bit aggitated. Hadnt taken one apart for 20 yrs so took a few minutes. No big deal.

I needed a scope base so got 2pc lug and rail ordered from EABCO and also ordered some stuff from Midway.....part of that order a new grip cap and medallion to replace pitted one on dads beater #1 .22 -250.

TC bbl had red loctite under front sight screws. I just fired up the propane torch and then used a fine screwdriver to dig it out. BTDT. All screw holes are perfect.

Never know on used stuff. So am happy.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Some old guy was in such a hurry to look at one table of classic handguns he bumped into my ol lady 4 times. She thought he was either clueless or a pickpocket. Turned out to be the former.

Told her she shoulda crop dusted him.

While prices are up, everywhere, I did spot some reasonable ones, on decent quality stuff.

And a couple were below market value.

Neat but not exactly what im looking for.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Just got back. Sold an upper. Bought a bag o' stripper clips. No ammo deals to be found. (unless I missed something). Still for 5 bux it's fun.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I bought a M1917 45 acp s&w revolver from a gentlemen walking around. I paid $395 for it. He told me it was in good mechanical shape. Turns out not to be the case. It is going to my gunsmith next week. I think it needs a new hand

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I bought a M1917 45 acp s&w revolver from a gentlemen walking around. I paid $395 for it. He told me it was in good mechanical shape. Turns out not to be the case. It is going to my gunsmith next week. I think it needs a new hand
    I have 2 Colt 1917s, still looking for a Smith. Seems like a decent deal even if it needs a little work.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was there Saturday and saw Hookeye and his pretty gf. Some tables had packed up early to attend family stuff which is great. I didn't buy anything. I did sell a Beretta APX to a dealer tho. He didn't opt for the extra magazines so they will be sold on here!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A lot of comments here regarding dealers being “very proud” of their displays. These guys must love going from show to show and packing and unpacking the same stuff over and over again and not selling anything because of the ridiculous prices they ask for their products. Oftentimes I’ve seen some of these dealers asking prices on used commonly available guns that can be bought new for about the same asking prices! Just amazing. And, if you make an offer these dealers smugly refuse the offer outright and often just point to the price tag on he item. Absolutely ridiculous!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A lot of comments here regarding dealers being “very proud” of their displays. These guys must love going from show to show and packing and unpacking the same stuff over and over again and not selling anything because of the ridiculous prices they ask for their products. Oftentimes I’ve seen some of these dealers asking prices on used commonly available guns that can be bought new for about the same asking prices! Just amazing. And, if you make an offer these dealers smugly refuse the offer outright and often just point to the price tag on he item. Absolutely ridiculous!
    I Never look for commonly available used guns at Tipton or any other show. I did 40 years ago when dad started taking me to them. I have my common guns. Those days are gone as anyone can order from bud’s gun shop and have them shipped to an FFL. Let those guys pack em and stack em. The ammo smugglers also. Back in the days before the internet you had to buy gun digest for that year to see what was available new. Order it from a local dealer or find it at a show. That is why you see fewer of the gun show only dealers anymore. 30 years ago they did not haggle much on price either but moved a lot more items. Your choices were not unlimited. Now you can cruse a gun site offering everything for sale is all 50 states in your underwear on the back porch.

why I like Tipton is the relations I have made with a few of the dealers who know what I buy and save them up for me. The case knife above I bought. He did not even have it on the table but had it stowed away for me under it. He knew I would be there Sunday. He is trying hard to get me to come off of a bulldog brand knife I have two of. A couple more sales like that and that bulldog will be his. He knows that and I know that.

the guy who is now on the back wall of the kitchen small room does not care if he sells a single gun off the three tables he rents. He wants to trade what he has on display for what he wants more. He will tell you that right away. He buys the tables to find stuff not sell stuff. Want to buy the item then sure he will sell it. Have something he wants bad enough and he will make a killer deal eventually if he wants it bad enough. Might take three shows for us to come to a deal

Top Bottom