• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Use a cad program and printer to make you own targets. I use 3X5 and 4X6 file cards, yellow if I can find them, cuts glare, Grid them off in 1" squares, dash lines fine. Use a 1" square as the bull rotated 45 degrees. Use a .250 line to form the border, leave the center open, makes for percision aiming with a scope............:@ya:...............<>< Duce

For those of you who didn't understand this, he's saying that the framus intersects with the ramistan approximately at the pot a nostra :D

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Originally Posted by Duce
    Use a cad program and printer to make you own targets. I use 3X5 and 4X6 file cards, yellow if I can find them, cuts glare, Grid them off in 1" squares, dash lines fine. Use a 1" square as the bull rotated 45 degrees. Use a .250 line to form the border, leave the center open, makes for percision aiming with a scope............:@ya:...............<>< Duce
    For those of you who didn't understand this, he's saying that the framus intersects with the ramistan approximately at the pot a nostra :D
    \

How bout a white paper plate with a black dot in the center of it, cheap, quick and easy.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    How bout a white paper plate with a black dot in the center of it, cheap, quick and easy.

:+1:

I do the exact same thing but I use the bulk packs of shooting dots from Walmart. I pick them up when I see a torn pack on clearance, or go to the arts and crafts and get about any color of small self-adhesive round stickers and a package or two of PAPER plates. I can make 300 or so targets for the cost of about two dozen actual targets.

picture.php

I also use 3x5 and 5x5 cards with a small dot in the center for load development and when shooting for groups because they are easy to store and I can reference them real quick if I am looking for a specific load from a specific rifle.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here is a simple one that lovemywoods and I used last weekend.

We were shooting 200yds from a bench. One of us was shooting while the other manned the spotting scope. For a while we were simply calling the shots. Something to the effect of "in the 9 ring, just right of center", or "about 2 inches left of center at 10 o'clock". This was imprecise and we kept struggling with ways to put the locations into words. Finally the Rose-Hulman-trained Engineer had an idea--> He simply got a blank target and put it flat on the bench. After I fired a shot, he would point to the "hit" on the target in front of us. Genius! This could also be done with a pen/marker to track shot progression too.

racdrof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I'll tell you a little trick I like to do. Take a piece of metal pipe, 1/2" to 3/4" I.D. Put a curved 90 deg. bend in it, mount it to a board, to hold it steady. Put a can at one end and try to shoot through the other end to hit the can,you'll be shooting around the corner. Do this at 25yds. and 50 yds. If you can do this, try a playing card side ways at the same distance.

Top Bottom