• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    You attribute that to tinnitis? I know for a while now, I've had the issue that as long as one person is speaking clearly, I can hear and understand them perfectly fine, but even if two people were speaking perfectly clearly directly to my face, I lose both of their speech. It's just so much sound. I can't concentrate enough to pick out either voice from the other. Multiple voices, I lose all of them. Odd. I never thought to blame the tinnitus.

not so much the tinnitus itself but hearing damage in general. the tinnitus is just a small part of it. when I'm in a quiet room reading late at night is when I hear the ringing the most. I have to sometimes put on some kind of background noise just to deaden the ringing.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You attribute that to tinnitis? I know for a while now, I've had the issue that as long as one person is speaking clearly, I can hear and understand them perfectly fine, but even if two people were speaking perfectly clearly directly to my face, I lose both of their speech. It's just so much sound. I can't concentrate enough to pick out either voice from the other. Multiple voices, I lose all of them. Odd. I never thought to blame the tinnitis.

I never thought about it either, but I have always had difficulty listening when there are many sounds in the area. I always thought it was just a focus issue.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I don't notice it much unless its really quiet or somebody mentions the name tinnitus. The worst for me is in a deer stand before daylight straining to hear the faintest sound. I remember last winter I woke up after hitting myself in the ear because a mosquito was buzzing me. It took me a couple seconds to realize it was winter and there weren't any bloodsuckers flying around. My family gives me a pass because of my hearing issues and I won't lie about sometimes using it for my own advantage. I usually don't hear well when it involves mom and daughter talks or when my wife asks me to do something I don't want o do.....huh.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I don't notice it much unless its really quiet or somebody mentions the name tinnitus. The worst for me is in a deer stand before daylight straining to hear the faintest sound. I remember last winter I woke up after hitting myself in the ear because a mosquito was buzzing me. It took me a couple seconds to realize it was winter and there weren't any bloodsuckers flying around. My family gives me a pass because of my hearing issues and I won't lie about sometimes using it for my own advantage. I usually don't hear well when it involves mom and daughter talks or when my wife asks me to do something I don't want o do.....huh.

haha actually, that IS part of hearing loss. Women tend to speak in certain vocal ranges/frequencies that are usually the first to go when hearing loss occurs. what I find funny is that I can hear my kids talking low all the way in the front of the house but I cant hear someone in the same room with me!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Left ear for me after a dipwad set off a Klaxon a foot from my ear (on purpose to show his buds) at the now moved to Mexico refrigerator plant in Bloomington while I was working on a piece of equipment. I have gotten used to it and normally it doesn't bother me until I read this thread. Thanks Obama.

Top Bottom