• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a solid plan there, Terrehautian.

Did you get the Treks at J's Bikes?

I sometimes get to TH on a ride. If you see this bike it will probably be me. Also shoot at Riley Consevation Club almost every weekend.

9tzqfo.jpg

EWWWW too much carbon fiber. I used to have a bike like this till my last eye surgery that caused me to lose some of my already bad eyesight.

I now ride around on a red leader mountain bike with fenders, ram mount and a rack as my car as I cant get a license. This year has been a little lazy for me and I think I still have managed around 1-1.5k miles so far

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Rode 21 miles tonight, my wife wanted to go to the yogurt place but it was closed by the time we got there. I will say bicycle shorts make a major difference in comfort. We rode seven miles without a rest and then rode the rest. So far since April 11th I have put 66 miles on my bike.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There is a loop I ride, Monon to Broadripple, down the White River Parkway and back to the starting point on the cultural Trail. About 19 miles. Rode it yesterday. It is a nice scenic ride.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Sounds like what my wife's brother rides, he lives in Broad Ripple and has a Cannondale road bike. He put 900 miles on it last year and has put 400 on it this year. He had clip pedals put on his last week and rode 47 miles yesterday.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Any NWI members riding rt 31 June 14th? They're going to open a brand new section of rt31, but before they do they're letting cyclists have it. It starts on rt 4 - by potato creek state park. I'm goin, should be awesome, and it's free. Link below:

Bike 31: One and Done

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    5 pages and not one mention of how one carries when out riding their bike???
    You guys are losing it here. Just saying.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Any NWI members riding rt 31 June 14th? They're going to open a brand new section of rt31, but before they do they're letting cyclists have it. It starts on rt 4 - by potato creek state park. I'm goin, should be awesome, and it's free. Link below:

Bike 31: One and Done

If I wasn't going to be out of town, I might have done this.

5 pages and not one mention of how one carries when out riding their bike???
    You guys are losing it here. Just saying.

I did sorta think how I could mount a holster on mine while riding yesterday for when I get my license to carry.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    So, while I currently do a lot of in town riding, eventually I want to push myself to ride 30 plus miles at least once a week. Should I go clip pedals? I might get the shoes for it this week (local bike shop has shoes 50% off, can get a $130 pair for 65).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    30 miles a week isn't bad at all. When I first started riding, my goal was to do exactly that. I thought I was going to die.

Then when I did my first 30 mile ride, I wanted to die.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    What I may do is get pedals that can be used with or without clips. Honestly, I did 21 miles on Sunday with no regrets. If it wasn't for getting dark, I probably could have done more. Also I am running out of areas to ride that is new locally with scenery. There is two parks a few miles north of my wife's work we may ride to right near each other.

Top Bottom