• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    the time's finally here to go spend a little mad money. the problem is, i haven't figured out quite what to get yet. i've been planning for a while to get another beretta. but those smith and wesson m&p's just keep catching my eye. being as though i don't know a thing about the smiths (aside from fondling them at shows and shops) i'm asking for opinions. and, maybe the off chance a little trigger time before i decide.:dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I REALLY like my M&P9c....

Liked it so much that I bought a FS 9mm not too long ago. I've yet to shoot it, though. But I expect it to be flawless like my 9c.

There are plenty of M&P owners aboard; I'd say that chances are good to find someone in your neck of the woods who'd assist you in your quest for trigger time on one!

-J-

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Depending on your intended usage, the S&W M&P's offer a lot of variety, plus they are fantastic. I was in your shoes about 1.5 months ago and I finally bought the M&P Pro 9mm a couple weeks ago. The only regret i have had is not making the decision sooner!!!

Great feel, very accurate, customizable backstraps, smooth, fast, and my wife says it's sexy...

It is offered in 9mm, .357, .40, .45, and now in .22. Lots of options. You won't regret a M&P, unless you wait too long.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Depending on your intended usage, the S&W M&P's offer a lot of variety, plus they are fantastic. I was in your shoes about 1.5 months ago and I finally bought the M&P Pro 9mm a couple weeks ago. The only regret i have had is not making the decision sooner!!!

Great feel, very accurate, customizable backstraps, smooth, fast, and my wife says it's sexy...

It is offered in 9mm, .357, .40, .45, and now in .22. Lots of options. You won't regret a M&P, unless you wait too long.

What he said...

Get the Pro, even if you're not into competitive shooting...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You can't go wrong with an M&P.

FYI: Midwest Gun Exchange in Northern Indiana has the M&P9c on sale for $479 until Feb. 4th.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I'd suggest you look at CZ 75

CZ75Compact2.jpg

Or EAA Witness

EAAWitnessMatchEliteAllStainless45Cal2-1.jpg

or Sig P229

SigP229PlatinumElite9mm2.jpg

All different price ranges - all excellent guns IMHO

:cool:

Last edited:

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Getting my secret gun fund back up to spending levels(don't tell my wife) and am going to look for a good 1911. I had a springfield years ago and a lightweight commander years before that. I want another one bad.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    the time's finally here to go spend a little mad money. the problem is, i haven't figured out quite what to get yet. i've been planning for a while to get another beretta. but those smith and wesson m&p's just keep catching my eye. being as though i don't know a thing about the smiths (aside from fondling them at shows and shops) i'm asking for opinions. and, maybe the off chance a little trigger time before i decide.:dunno:

And you bought what....?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Getting my secret gun fund back up to spending levels(don't tell my wife) and am going to look for a good 1911. I had a springfield years ago and a lightweight commander years before that. I want another one bad.

Glad to know that im not the only one who has a secret gun fund. :D
    Im not going to tell your wife if you dont tell mine. ;)

guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Zionsville
    I owned a glock 23, kimber pro carry, and now have a 92FS. I've heard and for a while believed everything about the drawback of the 9mm. with some of the new HP rounds, it will do the trick. I'm looking at a Ruger SR9c, and just got my buddy to buy one too. He loves it. Check it out. BTW, its big brother was 2010 Handgun of the Year.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have the FS and the compact, both in .40. They have been 100% reliable for me. I put Apex sear and striker blocks on them both, and the trigger pulls are sweet. They are accurate, hold a lot of ammo, and fit my hand well. Point better for me than a block.

Top Bottom