• ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just brought this one back from Florida. He looked pretty full.

F52F8B92-7EC5-4396-B40C-34C7DECC8E31-4709-0000051F866DA06A_zpsdc16ebde.jpg

175300C2-955C-4194-A503-814DA55ED9B6-4709-0000051F7F673FD3_zpsb98238af.jpg

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    My wife and I just got back from a half hour walk in the woods (no mushrooms yet in our favorite spot), and between us, we had 51 ticks crawling on our legs! There were dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks. It looks like this is going to be a really bad year for them. Correction, 52, just found another little bugger.
    That is exactly what kept me off the hiking trails last year! I hate them things but really miss the trails.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    Don't remember the name of it and too lazy to get up and look at it but I've found something with a name like duranon to work really well. It isn't a repellent, it is an insecticide. You spray it on your clothes, not your skin, the ticks get on your clothes, they get the duranon (or what ever it is) on them and die.
    Thanks, I googled this stuff and it is indeed a repellent, it is available everywhere and the reviews are all 100%. Amazon has spray cans for 7 dollars so I am going to give it a try....thanks again!

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    I worked for a utility that used permethrin and it is great for ticks. Meant for clothing only, cannot be applied to skin

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My wife and I just got back from a half hour walk in the woods (no mushrooms yet in our favorite spot), and between us, we had 51 ticks crawling on our legs! There were dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks. It looks like this is going to be a really bad year for them. Correction, 52, just found another little bugger.

Uuugghhhh that gives me the willies!

Thanks, I googled this stuff and it is indeed a repellent, it is available everywhere and the reviews are all 100%. Amazon has spray cans for 7 dollars so I am going to give it a try....thanks again!

No problem, just be sure to follow the instructions on the can.

I worked for a utility that used permethrin and it is great for ticks. Meant for clothing only, cannot be applied to skin

Yep, good stuff. That is the active ingredient in Duranon.

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Uuugghhhh that gives me the willies!

No problem, just be sure to follow the instructions on the can.

Yep, good stuff. That is the active ingredient in Duranon.

I am not sure about the price of the Duranon but, you can buy permethrin at Rural King pretty cheap. What they sell is high concentrate. I gave an excavator a bottle that I had made of the stuff. He loved. I told him how to make it for around a buck per 32oz bottle of it. Forever grateful

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I want to know more about permethrin. Do you broadcast spray it in the area or do you use it on your clothes/pets as a repellent? I saw a tick last weekend. While it cannot compete with 52, it was too many.

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    I want to know more about permethrin. Do you broadcast spray it in the area or do you use it on your clothes/pets as a repellent? I saw a tick last weekend. While it cannot compete with 52, it was too many.

I believe Rural King sell it to use on horses, although I don't have personally experience with use on animals. I spray it on my clothes and let it dry prior to going into the woods. In areas where I can gurantee a tick just by walking through, I have had none when using permethrin. Search the Rural king site for Permethrin-10. They should have some info on usage and dosage.

Top Bottom