• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, it was nice meeting you. I ended up shooting 3 rounds. I shot a 19, then 18, then a 20.

Thanks for the tip on keeping the hit shells in a pocket so I could easily keep track of how I did.

I usually shoot 3. Not sure why I was in a hurry last night. You shot some nice rounds by my book!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Looks like its going to be a nice evening for some trap shooting!:rockwoot:

Yeah it does. Not sure if I will make it though. My new boss wants to meet with me at 4:30 "or so" today. It all depends on how long he wants to talk. I still have a 45 minute drive from work to the range.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    So, where do I find details on this? Is it trap? Skeet? Something else? What time does it start? I work in Crawfordsville and am planning on hitting Monday night Skeet at Wildcat, but it starts at 5 and I am an hour away at least if I leave from work.

I'm thinking that Wildcat must be mostly retired. I mean how many people can make a 5PM start? :)
    We get the range at 5PM, earlier if there are no shooters on the line. Setup takes about 15 minutes and we can start shooting as early as 5:15PM. We have a FREE pitch-in style dinner for all also, as we know many people come right after work. We shoot under lights and can shoot until 10PM if we have anyone who still wants to shoot. Looking forward to seeing you out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We get the range at 5PM, earlier if there are no shooters on the line. Setup takes about 15 minutes and we can start shooting as early as 5:15PM. We have a FREE pitch-in style dinner for all also, as we know many people come right after work. We shoot under lights and can shoot until 10PM if we have anyone who still wants to shoot. Looking forward to seeing you out.

I've made it there 3 times now. I have fun, but I usually don't eat. I am not a member and I can't bring food since I come directly from work so I don't think I should eat the members food too. I really appreciate that you let me come and shoot.

I am really poor at shooting and several people have tried to help me out some. I will get better, but I am still trying to figure out a lot of fundamentals. I am cross dominant and am trying different techniques to see what works and my shotgun is probably more suited for Skeet than Trap. I am going to try my autoloader if I can make it out this week. I just picked up a shell catcher for it.

But dead or lost, I still have fun!:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shot 4 rounds. 19,17,17,18. Temps were nice, but the wind was definitely affecting the birds.

Good scores! I will try and make it this week. I will shoot my 12ga autoloader this time and see if I can do any better. I know it's not the equipment, it's the shooter but I may as well see what it does. Who knows? My scores could go up! They can't go down much more!:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Another good night at MCFG! Got some good instruction and shot a round of doubles. Now that is fun!

I shouldn't tell people how much fun this is for fear of getting too many people, but they have plenty of room for more shooters. They have two trap houses and there was never a time last night when you had to wait to get on a squad. Most of the time they were looking to fill a squad to shoot.

They also are friendly to new shooters!

Vince, next week bring your gun!:)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Another good night at MCFG! Got some good instruction and shot a round of doubles. Now that is fun!

I shouldn't tell people how much fun this is for fear of getting too many people, but they have plenty of room for more shooters. They have two trap houses and there was never a time last night when you had to wait to get on a squad. Most of the time they were looking to fill a squad to shoot.

They also are friendly to new shooters!

Vince, next week bring your gun!:)

I will Greg thanks and I enjoyed meeting and talking with you! :D

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg, You going to make it tonight?

Unfortunately not. I will try again after the holidays depending on weather. I admit, I am somewhat of a fair weather Trap shooter.:)

I didn't see you later in the Summer this year. I missed some. Did we just cross paths?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Unfortunately not. I will try again after the holidays depending on weather. I admit, I am somewhat of a fair weather Trap shooter.:)

I didn't see you later in the Summer this year. I missed some. Did we just cross paths?

No. I have not been for quite awhile myself. Late summer and fall are pretty busy at work and I just have not made it out. The wife is going shopping tonight and taking the kids with her, so I am free and think I will head out for a couple rounds.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    No. I have not been for quite awhile myself. Late summer and fall are pretty busy at work and I just have not made it out. The wife is going shopping tonight and taking the kids with her, so I am free and think I will head out for a couple rounds.

Sounds good. I finally got my eyesight situation worked out so I should start getting better next season. MY LOP was a little short so I put an extended recoil pad on. Haven't tried it yet. I am sure I will have to make adjustments, but I think it will help in the long run.

It sure is fun and I do miss it.

Top Bottom