• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    I just bought a shotgun and had a blast shooting clays yesterday. I would like to shoot more often. Is the Thursday night clays at MCF&G newbie friendly? Or will I totally be out of place?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a shotgun and had a blast shooting clays yesterday. I would like to shoot more often. Is the Thursday night clays at MCF&G newbie friendly? Or will I totally be out of place?

I am not a trap expert, but you'll be fine. The folks there are very friendly, and always looking to help.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well I'm not a Trap expert (why I shoot every Thursday), we welcome new shooters to the sport. You'll get as much or little help as you desire. Come on over. Let one of the 3Ms (Mark, Monty or Marcell) know you are new and one of them will give you the orientation.

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    I have been going out for the last couple of months every Thursday. I am also a new shooter and everyone there is not only friendly but knowledgeable. Come out and have fun.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to Mark, Cliff, and Pete for the hospitality tonight. I had fun stopping by and shooting two rounds. I shot poorly, but it was nice to see some friendly faces. I'll be back for more practice in the future; I need it!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So, where do I find details on this? Is it trap? Skeet? Something else? What time does it start? I work in Crawfordsville and am planning on hitting Monday night Skeet at Wildcat, but it starts at 5 and I am an hour away at least if I leave from work.

I'm thinking that Wildcat must be mostly retired. I mean how many people can make a 5PM start? :)

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, where do I find details on this? Is it trap? Skeet? Something else? What time does it start? I work in Crawfordsville and am planning on hitting Monday night Skeet at Wildcat, but it starts at 5 and I am an hour away at least if I leave from work.

I'm thinking that Wildcat must be mostly retired. I mean how many people can make a 5PM start? :)

Here you go:

MCFG Indy Range - Trap Shooting

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Went to Wildcat tonight and shot my very first two rounds of Trap. I didn't shoot all that well(12 & 16), but man the ones I did hit felt good!

I am planning on coming there some Thursday too.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

Thursday is extremely newbie friendly. If you aren't afraid to ask for help you will get a ton of free help from some great shooters.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thursday is extremely newbie friendly. If you aren't afraid to ask for help you will get a ton of free help from some great shooters.

I could use all the help I can get. In my first time at Wildcat, I scored second from the bottom. I suppose there is a chance I could drop to the bottom if that guy doesn't show up next time, but I would like to think that I have no where to go but up!:)

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    And you did great! I was the guy on your squad that mostly missed!:)

Yeah, it was nice meeting you. I ended up shooting 3 rounds. I shot a 19, then 18, then a 20.

Thanks for the tip on keeping the hit shells in a pocket so I could easily keep track of how I did.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom