• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    2Cellos performed in Carmel late last year and I'm still kicking myself for having missed it. These guys are really good and do some amazing stuff. I have a whole Pandora station built around their work.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LOVED IT! Then again, I also am a big fan of the Metallica S&M album. (them. live. backed by the SanFran Philharmonic :rockwoot:)
    Nothing says fun like rock and roll backed by an orchestra. a couple of guitars, bass, and drums are great through some amps... but NOTHING compares to the undistorted, natural power from a wall of sound that is an orchestra. (and dont forget the emotional power of a good orchestral arrangement)

Metallica - Fuel (S&M) [HD] - YouTube

Another couple interesting bits of work... amazing to watch these guys play and to see how they make the guitar do many unique sounds... (and a gorgeous tunes to boot)

Stefano Barone - Batman - Alexander Supertramp - YouTube
    Andy McKee - Guitar - Drifting - www.candyrat.com - YouTube

Candyrat records has quite a stable of talented guitar guys.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    LOVED IT! Then again, I also am a big fan of the Metallica S&M album. (them. live. backed by the SanFran Philharmonic :rockwoot:)
    Nothing says fun like rock and roll backed by an orchestra. a couple of guitars, bass, and drums are great through some amps... but NOTHING compares to the undistorted, natural power from a wall of sound that is an orchestra. (and dont forget the emotional power of a good orchestral arrangement)

Metallica - Fuel (S&M) [HD] - YouTube

Another couple interesting bits of work... amazing to watch these guys play and to see how they make the guitar do many unique sounds... (and a gorgeous tunes to boot)

Stefano Barone - Batman - Alexander Supertramp - YouTube
    Andy McKee - Guitar - Drifting - www.candyrat.com - YouTube

Candyrat records has quite a stable of talented guitar guys.

Good guitar videos. If you like them and haven't checked this guy out yet, look up Tommy Emmanuel. I saw him in concert. He is a pretty decent player. lol.

Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas (by Mason Williams) - YouTube

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    When I saw the title I was pretty sure that it had to be 2Cellos. Those guys are incredible. And the production was good too. I loved the stunned silence at the end. And the piece by Lindsey Stirling that Actaeon posted was good too. She is GOOD. I spent a couple of evenings watching 2Cellos on YouTube and was continually amazed. I'm still kicking myself for missing them when they played in Carmel. But man those guys go through A LOT of bows. One song like Thunderstruck pretty much destroys one.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I saw the title I was pretty sure that it had to be 2Cellos. Those guys are incredible. And the production was good too. I loved the stunned silence at the end. And the piece by Lindsey Stirling that Actaeon posted was good too. She is GOOD. I spent a couple of evenings watching 2Cellos on YouTube and was continually amazed. I'm still kicking myself for missing them when they played in Carmel. But man those guys go through A LOT of bows. One song like Thunderstruck pretty much destroys one.

No, just a lot of horse hair. Remember that commercial were the one country fiddle player (Charlie Daniels?) destroys the bow strings in a restaurant?

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    2Cellos are really good. My 18 yr old daughter likes them & got me into listening to them. Another she & I like is Violinist Lindsey Stirling. She took ballet and violin & she incorporates the two. Interesting to see someone dance while playing the violin.

[video=youtube;JGCsyshUU-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JGCsyshUU-A[/video]

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Love this video. Check out Apocalyptica for another group playing rock with cellos. The 1st time i saw them was covering Metallica's One. They have gone on to make a couple of albums with singers from other bands coming in to do vocals. I haven't posted links before so hopefully this works. It takes a while to build up, but worth it.

One - Apocalyptica - YouTube

Top Bottom