• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Feb 6, 2013 Journal Entry

Today turned into a great debate. The five, the new residents and several others were going over spring plans when the topic of the start of the crash hit the floor.

Everyone said things got bad when crisis after crisis messed with the gas supply and the value of the dollar crashed in the summer of 2011. The "fight" was when the crash started.

I said the crash hit when gas jumped 4 dollars a gallon one morning in June and the others said the crash hit when gas was at $10 a gallon and the layoffs and bartering started. A few said the crash started when unemployment hit 25% and soup lines were at the churches in August.

My wife jumped in and said when the stores were out of every day items in July, was the start of the crash. That was when she was freaking out. Just like the 30's, but everyone had nicer and bigger stuff that was on loan.

I've lost track of the micro wars, terrorist attacks, oil wars and riots that slowed, stopped and destroyed most of the oil producing areas in the middle east.

The conversation didn't come to blows, but everyone had a date the crash started. We decided to say the crash started in the summer of 2011 around the end of July.

Many of us never lost our jobs, we just stopped getting paid. I still have my company car, and other gear, but no one wanted it back. With a little work, my company car should start up just fine. It sits on blocks with the tires in the barn. The battery is being used on another truck. I took a look at it this morning and it still has a whiff of new car smell.

The heated conversation ended and we put together ideas of items we will purchase from the zombie prep'r. When spring hits, the block plant should be fired up and we can build some more shelters at "Fort Zombie". Several wanted to build the retreat at the national guard site by the river, but we talked them out of it because we could become trapped. Plus that site is level and we could be shot at all day from the trees and hills on both sides of the river.

Fort Zombie is on a hill with some limestone outcroppings that makes it easier to defend. With some hard work, cutting down more trees will build up the firewood supply at the site and give it larger open fields to defend it.

We are getting ahead of our plans, we still have to work out the deal. I believe, he will bite, since it is a form of insurance we all need in these troubled times.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    So did you see the 'donuts' on a rope again? What did the military need with that detailed recon in your area?

*Sorry couldn't refuse*

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Aero-Mechanical Engineer here.

In order for the "donuts on a rope" thing to be from a pulse engine, it has to be pulsing very slow or the plane has to be flying warp 6 or so.

A real pulse engine con-trail will look much more like pearls on a string, than donuts on a rope, if it looks different at all. You really don't want a pulsing thrust on your airframe. A proper diffusor would even out the pulses to a constant thrust.

Donuts on a rope have more to do with altitude and humidity than the plane that made them.

- back to your regularly scheduled thread.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    March 3, 2013 Journal Entry.

My wife is evil. My wife is not nice, My wife is messing with my head. This morning she traded some ammo for some Yankee Candles. One smelled like ice cream, the other pumkin pie and the last one smelled of fresh bread. I thought she was cooking and left her alone for over an hour while I thought a feast was in the making.

When I walked in to see what was cooling, and then I saw the candles. I gave her the evil and and my hopes were dashed. She did cook up one of the last cans of Dinty Moore Stew, so all was not lost.

I kept a low profile today, because I was not into talking with the neighbors for some reason.

Walmart will be sending a truck in the next week or so, but this time they will come to the farms since the town was blown up. Everyone hopes they remember the stuff we needed and hope the prices have not risen too much.

The warmer than normal temp's have allowed more work to be completed at Fort Zombie. We also have expanded the reaction force since we have found some sites that people have been watching us. I'm not worried about the watching, but if one of them was sniper, they could have hurt us real bad. These sites were about 3,000 feet or more from any of the structures. The reaction force and several groups watching prime observation points will be expanded till we don't find any evidence of us being observed.

Several have changed outside patterns, so they might be less of a tempting target. We are also going to use the thermal camera to scan the hills for anyone watching us at random times each day and night. We did a daylight test and were able to see one of the farmers sitting on the hill, but when he laid prone, he was much harder to spot, but we still could see the heat difference. When someone is spotted, we will send the reaction force to check out the spot. Some nights we will have a team up at prime sponts, to see if we can see and catch who is so interested in us.

The national guard is going to meet with me in the morning to discuss some issues of importance. Don't know what they have to say, but wanted my wife to be at the meeting also. I joked with her to have the baking bread candle burning during the meeting for psyc ops against them

Trash again is becomig an issue and we need a way to crush or melt the metal scrap items we have. The sorted piles idea is nice, but several have noticed rats and other critters in the trash piles. Others don't like the amount of rusty water run off from the area.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    March 8 2013 Journal Entry

Patrick Bristol, 8lbs 8 oz of bouncing baby boy. Healthy, hairy and born with a loud set of pipes and big lungs. You can hear him cry outside the converted home. His mom had a rough time, and when the stitches heal she will feel better. Doc had to do some cutting so the baby could come out. I never saw it done before, but it had to be done.

The set up was just a bedroom in the house and it worked out ok.

I'm tired and heading off to bed after spending some time with my grandson, kids and wife.

President is going to be on the net tomorrow and no one knows what he's going to talk about.

Top Bottom