• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Nice guns, the deal I am assuming you got on the Python is exactly why I will sell most, if not all of mine before I leave the planet.
    I would roll over in my grave, that my kids or grand kids would be dumb enough to do that. Currently only my youngest daughter has any interest in shooting guns.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Very nice. Thanks for posting. I used to have a "no gun sale" policy for my firearms. But in recent years I have decided to "tailor" my firearms to own a few that have meaning and a useful purpose. I want to own the "right" one for whatever kind of shooting I do. And I have a few guns that get taken out on occasion but in reality are safe queens that I won't sell. I would regularly shoot the Les Baer, and occasionally shoot the revolvers, especially the Python.:)

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, the Baer is my go-to house and carry gun, with the Smith on the "occasionally carry in low threat environments" role. The Python is a gun I will carry at special events in an old Safariland 1001 Vertical Shoulder Holster under a jacket. Perhaps I will tote it around at the NRA Show in Louisville this year!!! The Python is just nice to have. Sort of makes you feel warm inside to have some history in the safe or on your person!

Of course, my agency requires that I carry one of the new-fangled plastic guns around while on duty, so I get my fill of that every day no matter what.

Last edited:

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Love Hi-Powers for sure. Seem to be WAAAAAAY overpriced these days (like Pythons, but not to the same extreme). Used to get them for $575 just a few years ago. Now they run upwards of $1000??? Too many other 9mm guns with more capacity and equal ergos for half the price. Granted, that is coming from a guy who has two revolvers out of three guns! LOL!

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Nice post Vanguard.45, and the pics were pleasing to the eye!!! I agree with the older bluing!!! I have an older 870 Magnum shotgun and it by far has the best bluing of any shotgun today and the action is so much smoother than anything modern I've tried.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Love Hi-Powers for sure. Seem to be WAAAAAAY overpriced these days (like Pythons, but not to the same extreme). Used to get them for $575 just a few years ago. Now they run upwards of $1000??? Too many other 9mm guns with more capacity and equal ergos for hall the price. Granted, that is coming from a guy who has two revolvers out of three guns! LOL!

Some warrant the price. That is a '68 "T" model assembled in Belgium with less that 200 rounds through it. With the matching .25 Baby Browning, with less than 50 rounds down pipe, you won't touch this pair for less than $2k. If I could find the original box somewhere in Mom's house, $3,500.00 would be the price.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, the Hi-Powers I bought were the newer Mark 3s and they were going for about $550. Sold the ones I owned and decided a couple of years later to get another one. Price was $950 and I found I was no longer THAT enamored with them. Nice guns for sure and fit the 9mm caliber well. Just expensive for what you get from a practical standpoint in my opinion. Too many hi-cap 9s on the market now that do it better for less money. Of course if it was all about practical, I wouldn't own two revolvers!! Browning is still a classic, though.

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    I like the style of the collection. All classics. I grew up shooting a python and gold cups. Two thumbs up

Top Bottom