• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Well, I did it. I traded my Glock off for this bad boy. I like the way it feels, a lot. I was thinking of a G26 for CC, but I think this fits the bill quite nicely.

One thing that's bugging me is the finish on this sidearm. It doesn't seem to that bad, but not all that great. Does Sig offer slide refinishing? Or does anyone know of a local guy that does good duracoating?

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    First of all its a Sig. I picked one up for my Wife a few years ago for $425 in 9mm. It had the Short Reset Trigger and Night Sites. Came with orig box, man and 2 mags. I would definitely put the Hogue wrap around grips on it. That made a huge difference for my wife and they make it really fit into your hand depending on your size. Accuracy is standard Sig. Never had any FTE or FTF. The 239 has taken everything we fed it. The walnuts are starting to fall, so its fun to line up a row and do some target practice with JHP's.

Look around you can find them for $4-500 used in VG condition.

Would like to find a P239 in .357 next.

Enjoy, if its your first Sig it wont be the last.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have one in a .40. Great gun, some people will say it's snappy, bu it's not IMHO. It's an easy gun to conceal IWB. The trigger is DA/SA just like my other Sigs, so the trigger pull is the same between several guns.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I have one in .357 with a 9mm additional barrel.

I love the gun, after a week of training in NH everyone in the class was able to make head-shots at 50 yards.

I love it, it's compact (for a Sig) has a great DA/SA trigger and excellent sights.

You'll likely hear a few complaints such as:
    It's low capacity for it's size and being a 9mm
    It's heavy for it's size/capacity/caliber
    Many people don't like DA/SA (crunch-n-tinkers)

My experience has been once I became familiar with the gun it became a natural extension of my hand and I shot it well.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I have one in .357 with a 9mm additional barrel.

I love the gun, after a week of training in NH everyone in the class was able to make head-shots at 50 yards.

I love it, it's compact (for a Sig) has a great DA/SA trigger and excellent sights.

You'll likely hear a few complaints such as:
    It's low capacity for it's size and being a 9mm
    It's heavy for it's size/capacity/caliber
    Many people don't like DA/SA (crunch-n-tinkers)

My experience has been once I became familiar with the gun it became a natural extension of my hand and I shot it well.

Crunch-n-tinkers?

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I have one in .40 that with NS I got about 10 months ago and it's my go to IWB EDC. I really like the gun, it's easily concealable, accurate and recoil is not an issue. Mine came with a hogue finger groove geip which is nice but IMHO it's not much better than the factory grips.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The Sig P239 is one of the best concealed carry guns ever made. Recoil is manageable in .40 and .357 but I prefer the gun in 9mm. The SA prefix on the serial number doesn't tell you if it's DA/SA or DAK. The easiest way to tell from images is the absense of a decocker and/or protruding hammer. If it has neither, it's a DAK. Hammer and no decocker is a DAO. Both is DA/SA. Market accessories are readily available for this gun. I recommend it highly.

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Love my P239. My current one is 9mm and I had a .40. Compared to the compacts of today it is a little on the big side. However, it shoots very good and has perfectly reliable. I love the Hogue grips on it. They make it a little thicker but feel nice.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I don't understand why you're asking about refinishing and getting thoughts on the gun when you have it listed for sale in the classifieds. Is it the same gun? This thread and your ad have both been up about a week.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Also, guys, do you think it would have a better resale value than a Gen. 4 G17?

Understood...but it seems like the perceived value of Sigs is greater than Glocks.

thats a relative thing, sigs cost more than glocks, so the resale value will be more than glocks

i have one in 9mm and i love it, i paid 425.00 for mine 15 years ago(it was used), back when suggested retail was 550.00 i traded off a :poop: colt anaconda for it .yes i know that colt sells for 1200.00 now, but if colt couldn't make it work right why did i want it, i sent it back to colt 2 times and the still didn't fix it!,

put the hogue rubber grips on it, put a set of meprolight's on it, get a good iwb holster, and carry that little sucker!

my only complaint about it is this....it makes me want more sigs! and dammit i cant afford them!

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I've owned my Sig Sig P239 for about a year.

SigP2399mm2-1.jpg

It is accurate / easy to shoot & small.

I carry several different guns, but probably the P239 the most.

CCR refinished my slide for $79 http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/hg.htm

CCR has done seven of my guns .. I'm very partial to two tone guns.

Congratulations on your purchase .

You will love it.

IMHO

:cool:

Top Bottom