• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I held one of these a few awhile back and I really liked the feel of it.

Any fellow INGO`ers own or have shot one of these and could give me some pros and cons?

I was unable to get a chance to fire it, sadly.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    My first gun was a glock 22. Loved it, so I bought a glock 19 and loved that. After shooting a friends XD I realized there was life outside the glock. I eventually sold the glocks. Went back to buy a glock 17 and was sold on an FNP. Shot it and loved it more. Then I traded that (regrettably) and eventually bought an M&P9C. Loved it more. Sold it for some reason and later replaced it with a SR9C. This is absolutely the
    BEST. I will not get rid of this gun. It is perfect for me in everyway. Each one I was able to shoot better than the previous one and I loved all of them. But, this gun (for me) makes the others just a good memory. Nothing bad about them. The SR9C is just my favorite.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very good firearm. If you search, you will find a lot of people like them. You should try to test fire one before laying down the money if possible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister has one. She bought the extended mags for it and the gun actually fits the hand really well. It is a good reliable shooter and she runs it very well.
    I give it a +1

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Owned one...

Great gun... Great price...

Built like a tank, very reliable, very accurate and shoots EVERYTHING. If it fits your hand well... then go for it. I just never got comfortable with it and sold it to buy a CZ75b and never looked back ;)

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really like mine. It is my dedicated carry piece and have never once had so much as a hiccup. Eats everything you feed it and is accurate (meaning it is easy to be accurate with). Good trigger and is easily concealable. I pulled the mag disconnect safety on mine.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I checked it out and decided on the bigger SR9. It's worth the cash if it's anything like its bigger brother. I've put well over 1k rounds through it without a hitch. The only reason why i opted for the SR9 is that i knew id be getting a smaller, compact carry gun later.

jdaniels

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I bought one early last year for $400.00 new, it was my first composite framed gun and It has turned into my favorite gun to shot. Very accurate and trouble free I would recommend it to any one.

John

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    It's my every day carry. Only problem I've had with it is the take-down pin rusted for some reason (just on the exposed face, not the pin itself). I've been too lazy to order a replacement. 100% reliable and a joy to shoot. I also like the extra thumb safety.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It's my every day carry. Only problem I've had with it is the take-down pin rusted for some reason (just on the exposed face, not the pin itself). I've been too lazy to order a replacement. 100% reliable and a joy to shoot. I also like the extra thumb safety.

That's odd. Call Ruger and I'll bet they send a free replacement.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    2000 rounds, all favors, thru mine. Only two fail to fires, and both were ammo from a Winchester white box.

Easy and fun to shoot. Recoil is very nice. Trigger is very nice. Sights are wonderful.

In short, fantastic gun.

If only I hadn't lost mine in a freak boating accident while sailing over the Mariana's Trench !

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I`m going to see if I can get a chance to fire one, but this will probably be my new EDC. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Once my tax return comes and I catch up on bills, I will shop around and get one.

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I have been carrying mine since October. I cant complain. The cost and what you get are hard to pass up. Other weapons you dont get two magazines. A down side to it is not many accessory for the SR9C specifically

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Love mine. No problems with it whatsoever. I like the fact it's simple to make it smaller by using the 10 round mag with or without the finger grip extension depending on what you like. Then for range time or when it's not concealed the 17 round mag makes it feel like it's a full size and not a compact. Easy breakdown to clean. I guess what I'm saying is yes, I like mine. :):

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I keep mine in the headboard of my bed for home defense. I put a light on it which can be removed with a coin in about ten seconds if I wanted to carry it. I bought an extra 17 round magazine also. I love the way it shoots and as stated before, it's really accurate. I usually carry a Smith and Wesson 38 special in a holster and an LCP in my back pocket. I just started carrying last June, and being an older guy, I was more comfortable with a revolver for EDC. The LCP is in case I need more than five rounds.

All in all, I love the SR9c for what I got it for. Who knows, someday I might even start carrying it.

Top Bottom