• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am a member of the NRA but also support the other pro 2ND amendment orgs. As long as you belong to one of them, that is good enough for me.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I concur! Hence why signed on with the NRA for life.

I'm a newbie on this site. Lots of good discussions and sharing info that we all can learn from one another.
    JD

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm pretty torn. I'm thinking about dropping the NRA and joining GOA and JPFO. I'm really liking the JPFO because of the "Boot the BATFE" t-shirt and pin. That is a t-shirt I could wear every day of the week.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am a firm believer that any man/woman who has their LTCH or a long gun should be in the NRA. If you are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment you should be in the NRA. IF YOU OWN A GUN AND BELIEVE IT IS YOUR RIGHT...you should be in the NRA.

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain. If you aren't in the NRA but are a gun owner don't complain that people are trying to take your freedom away.

Owning a gun is a right, not a belief or dependent on whether I or anyone else believes it is a right. It just is. On the other hand, I can choose to join the NRA or other such organization if I want to, but not based on any belief you may have on the subject, and I can do so regardless of whether I own a gun or not.

Of course, you have the right to free speech to state such an opinion :D, however, I do have the right to complain/protest, etc if someone tries to infringe upon my right to own a gun, without being a member of the NRA.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't seem to see the requirement to be an NRA member in the 2nd Amendment. I do see the words, "...shall not be infringed." quite clearly.

Last edited:

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I'm sure this will get me negative reputation, but I'm opposed to the NRA because I support moderate gun control. If the NRA had their way, there would be no background checks, no carry permits and no limits on who can or cannot own a firearm.

I don't want felons to have guns. I don't want crazy people to have guns. And honestly, I think carry permits should have some sort of mandatory training, to ensure proper, safe gun handling. Working in a gun store, it's absolutely mind boggling how little some gun owners know about their guns.

But anyway. Negative rep and what-have-you.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I support them and only get solicitations about once a quarter. While I do not agree with all that they do, I do believe that if it were not for their efforts, we would be in worse shape. Now as for mandatory membership, this is America and for now, we are free to choose which, if any, organizations we support.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I am also a NRA member. Have been for years. I've learned that bringing up membership in the NRA in this forum can bring out the worst in people and also the best in people but always the ones that stick in my mind the most are the posts that for some reason despise the NRA.

Let the mud-slinging begin!

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Owning a gun is a right, not a belief or dependent on whether I or anyone else believes it is a right. It just is. On the other hand, I can choose to join the NRA or other such organization if I want to, but not based on any belief you may have on the subject, and I can do so regardless of whether I own a gun or not.

Of course, you have the right to free speech to state such an opinion :D, however, I do have the right to complain/protest, etc if someone tries to infringe upon my right to own a gun, without being a member of the NRA.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't seem to see the requirement to be an NRA member in the 2nd Amendment. I do see the words, "...shall not be infringed." quite clearly.

I really don't care if you support the NRA or not. I think the point is that unless you personally lobby (or support groups that will do it on your behalf WINK WINK) for protection of your 2nd amendment rights they can go away. Complaining/protesting isn't quite enough, in my opinion

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    So I'm sure this will get me negative reputation, but I'm opposed to the NRA because I support moderate gun control. If the NRA had their way, there would be no background checks, no carry permits and no limits on who can or cannot own a firearm.

I don't want felons to have guns. I don't want crazy people to have guns. And honestly, I think carry permits should have some sort of mandatory training, to ensure proper, safe gun handling. Working in a gun store, it's absolutely mind boggling how little some gun owners know about their guns.

I don't disagree with what you have said. I personally view the work the NRA does as counteracting extreme views on the opposite side of the spectrum, hopefully achieving a reasonable middle ground.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't disagree with what you have said. I personally view the work the NRA does as counteracting extreme views on the opposite side of the spectrum, hopefully achieving a reasonable middle ground.

I'd probably argue that extreme views are best countered with moderate, well-reasoned views, but to each his own, I suppose.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'd probably argue that extreme views are best countered with moderate, well-reasoned views, but to each his own, I suppose.

Negotiate much? I'll start on the extreme end and you start with what you want and we'll meet somewhere in the middle... How's that work for you?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I will not neg rep you for your opinion. I disagree with you on part of it though. I do not care if felons, crazy people or people without what you may consider proper training have firearms. I definitely do not like the fact that you need a permission slip from the government to exercise a right to protect yourself. Every person that is not incarcerated should have the means to protect themselves. We see what happens now when we let the masses decide what is good for others and not letting one choose for themselves how they wish to live their lives so long as it does not infringe on another persons life.

Top Bottom