• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks for all of the replies. For the price, it can't hurt to add one to the collection.

It actually CAN hurt, but only if all the bad luck falls on you. As you have probably already learned, this rifle is almost certainly assembled by Century arms. They do put out a LOT of low priced guns, but they also put out a LOT of guns that don't work or are built poorly. There are many common issues with them, and I'll name just a few.

- Canted front sight
    - incorrect barrel that keyholes
    - action does not function properly. Either fails to feed or fails to extract frequently

If you have a problem rifle - In many cases, Century will allow you to send the gun back to them and they will repair or replace your rifle. I personally had a bad one (didn't feed the first time I think) and I sent it back for repairs. When it came back, it had a different problem that also caused frequent failures (wouldn't extract I think). I sent it back again, and in came a new rifle. That one worked, and was basically free of problem.

It was a headache, but I was lucky to eventually get one that was OK.

Some folks who have had problems (in recent discussion on another forum) have called Century for repairs or replacement, and Century has stated that the warranty on the rifle begins the day that it is shipped out. In some cases, the gun may sit on the shelf for a year in the gun store before you buy it. You are then buying a gun with an expired warranty according to how Century puts it. If you fight with them over it, they might fix it, but they don't have to.

My personal view is like this: If you must buy a Century gun, buy it used from a friend where you know it works right before you lay down your cash. Some of those guns are great, but a lot of them have problems. The low price you pay up front may not be so great if you have to "deal with" the issues of getting your "new" rifle fixed or replaced before you ever get to run a single mag through it.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Centerfire Solutions has the AK 74 for $369.00 I picked one up for the low cost of ammo and love it. Also bought 1080 rounds from AIM and had great service.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    The only bad thing that I can think of is the cost of mags tend to run much more than the 47s. Other than that, they are a blast. I bought a ak74 and a RPK74 from 21st century and they shoot great.

Top Bottom