Thoughts on Springfield Armory 1911 A1 Loaded?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not a loaded, as several people have pointed out.

I bought a blackened stainless steel loaded when they were first introduced. It was about double what I'd paid for a handgun prior to that (was carrying a CZ at the time). It was my EDC for years, has thousands and thousands of rounds through it without an issue, and if I was starving to death I'd be hard pressed to sell it.

I'm about to send it back to Springfield to get new night sights, its old enough they've gotten dimmer than I like.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I would definitely have to say it isn't a "loaded" model. My every day carry for the last 13 years is a loaded. What I'm saying is that I have seen Springer loaded's for many years and have never seen one like that. In agreement with the discrepancies others have already pointed out.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    another question how in the heck do you tell if it's actually the "loaded" version, should i call Springfield with the s/n?

can anyone confirm that this is indeed a loaded, it has a custom trigger and a few other mods

8kde.jpg

9qlpqt.jpg

2i0zseq.jpg

That looks like a Mil-Spec somebody added parts to.

rameses1812

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    For a great experience shooting nothing has come close to my range officer. Even my loaded does not come close. Really do love my Springfields. Worth the $$!

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I asked the guy for some more info on the gun and said i had doubts that it was an actual "loaded" model, he acted like he was offended and said i didn't know what it was worth blah blah and that he would just keep the gun :): He is definitely trying to scam somebody. Thanks for saving me the headache INGO, i appreciate it.

Here is his listing on armslist

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Springfield 1911-A1 .45 "Loaded Model"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On that specific pistol, it would appear to have fixed position combat sights, which makes me think milspec dressed up. One of the extras on a loaded is not only the nicer sights, but the fact that they can be easily changed.

Excluding a few rare instances where loaded pistols were assembled in the custom shop, and are marked NM - the only difference between the milspec and the loaded are the extras. If it were to be wearing all the same extras aftermarket, then it would be comparable, assuming both are non-NM (assembled in Brazil).

EDIT:

Missed that.. my eyes must be getting real bad without glasses, those appeared to be the fixed combat sights.... Could be a loaded then.. although I don't see why someone would spend the extra cash on a loaded, to then change out half the extras.

My stainless Mil-spec does not have the same frame to slide fit as my Loaded does. The loaded was much tighter out of the box. The whole gun (loaded) was much tighter.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I asked the guy for some more info on the gun and said i had doubts that it was an actual "loaded" model, he acted like he was offended and said i didn't know what it was worth blah blah and that he would just keep the gun :): He is definitely trying to scam somebody. Thanks for saving me the headache INGO, i appreciate it.

Here is his listing on armslist

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Springfield 1911-A1 .45 "Loaded Model"

Good job on passing. Besides, $800 was way to much! You will find one, there are a bunch out there!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I would pick the loaded only if I wanted stainless steel, or preferred the low profile combat sights. If you intend to carry it often, that is likely the best choice.

However, if I was going to get a parkerized model, and did not intend to carry it as often (or didn't mind carrying it with target sights) - I would go for a Range Officer.

Top Bottom