• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I often listen to Fox News Radio while driving around town. I'm not a dedicated listener, I don't turn it on in my house but when I'm out and about it's something to listen to that isn't the same 10 songs on the radio over and over again. Today, I happened to be in the car during Glenn Beck time. I find that I often agree or at least partially agree with his rantings, and yes I must call them rantings, but I find every once in a while he goes completely over the top. Today he was speaking of Che Guevara and how he's quoted as saying something to the effect of wanting to use nukes on the US. Beck went on to say there are many liberals who would want to do the same thing. He then expounded on that statement and slightly altered it to environmental liberals. Now, I'm not an bunny hugger liberal by any stretch of imagination but due to the circles I'm in I have friends who are and I can say with certainty, I have never met anyone who would ever even dream that using nukes on our own country is the solution to our environmental problems. For one, that's dumb. Nukes would cause more environmental problems than anything else I can think of.

My point is, I often hear Beck go completely off the deep end on some issue and it makes me wonder, how many people are just eating it up and loving it? My hope is that people, especially us gun touting types, are intelligent enough to connect the dots and think before agreeing.

Any general opinions?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    He used to be reasonable, but as of late, the last year or so, he has become everything he makes fun of.

Some of what he says I agree with. Most of it is just gibberish.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My personal opinion is he does what he sets out to do. He does get people to think and he gets people to talk about him. Although I normaly only agree with about 10% of what the man says, Hes just as bias as any other person on talk radio. They are only looking to push there own agendas on other people, and for the most part unsuspecting people that dont know any better.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think that the Glenn Becks and Rushes of the world are (well) paid ENTERTAINERS. Do they have good points? Sometimes. Do they go way overboard for ratings? Always.

I do not consider myself an R or a D, more of an L actually, but the "radio talk show" types on both sides try to say the most outlandish things they can for ratings. The sad thing is that there are some people genuinely believe that these "political" types are the messiahs for this country.

Let me ask you this, if Beck and Rush are so smart, why don't they ever run for office? Why don't they ever call up barry obama or bush, when he was in office, and give them any advice?..... The answer is simple. They have found out that it is so easy to make any decision made seem like the wrong decision and get paid to throw rocks at it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    what gregrbuckingham said. They're paid to get you to listen and spread the word about their show (oh, and get people to listen to the commercials too :D). He makes a very few good points but in general he tends to go bizarrely over the top.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    He really gets on my nerves, and I'm conservative. His use of "Straw Man theory" and other idiotic senses of logic upset me, not because I care, but because there are sheeple out there that hang on his every word. AND YES FOLKS...conservatives/Repubs can be sheeple too. Like Greg said, this is the true sadness of Glen Beck. I always hated O'Rielly too. Why? I dont like being screamed at through the TV, and seeing guest after guest come on his show just for him to berate them and have a one sided argument. I think Huckabee is a pretty cool cat, causehe's laid back, and has the ability to agree to disagree. I like that. I dont like a bunch of "My Way or the Highway" screaming, one sided brutes giving their (very poor IMO) opinions on "What our Country needs" or "Whats going to happen to our country if..." I got no use for that.
    **************END OF RANT******************

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ok, this is pretty much the consensus I expected to see. I knew I couldn't be the only one. I agree to the entertainer status. Heck, most of them would probably straight up admit to that.

There are a few talk show guys, entertainers, out there who have chosen a more reasonable persona. One in particular is on later in the afternoon, he calls himself independent. I think it's Michael Smirkanish, that's probably not spelled correctly. With him, there is at least evidence suggesting thought prior to speaking. He'll at least listen to Obama and make an honest attempt at interpreting the lies as they come spewing from his mouth.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Beck does go off the deep end although i find myself agreeing with him usually. i think he is probably a good guy, i think he would be a good friend/neighbor. but i cant stand to listen to him.
    But here is his value. as annoying and melodramatic as he is. our country is burning down around us, and he is the only one screaming fire. the other folks are still deciding if its burning or not

jake

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He pushes the phoney Left-Right Paradigm. What I mean by that he is someone who is constantly harping on Liberals being the scourge of the earth while ignoring the anti-liberty actions of Conservatives.

He exposes some truth while mixing it with misdirection and deceit. The great evil plan is much larger than liberal boogeyman, "George Soros."

Speaking of boogeymen, he also is a big purveyor of Islamo-phobia and by extension, the War on Terror / Police State. His obsession with Israel is a little weird to me too.

Overall he is slightly better than Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity but he still leaves people confused in the conservative wilderness, trying to figure out whether they are supposed to support "small government" or stand by their government in creating a police state to protect them from scary muslims.

I say turn off the corporate propaganda. All of it.

foxwash_dees.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm officially done with him now that he has taken off with the Ron Paul attacks and parroting the Establishment talking points about him. I heard a particularly annoying radio segment today regarding the last debate. Unfortunate.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    He pushes the phoney Left-Right Paradigm. What I mean by that he is someone who is constantly harping on Liberals being the scourge of the earth while ignoring the anti-liberty actions of Conservatives.

He exposes some truth while mixing it with misdirection and deceit. The great evil plan is much larger than liberal boogeyman, "George Soros."

Speaking of boogeymen, he also is a big purveyor of Islamo-phobia and by extension, the War on Terror / Police State. His obsession with Israel is a little weird to me too.

Overall he is slightly better than Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity but he still leaves people confused in the conservative wilderness, trying to figure out whether they are supposed to support "small government" or stand by their government in creating a police state to protect them from scary muslims.

I say turn off the corporate propaganda. All of it.

He has on several occasions shown that there is little difference between right and left and that both are pretty far down the totalitarian path. He has made the point that far left communism and far right fascism is nearly the same and really far from libertarian beliefs.

He is also a Mormon and that has skewed him on the country called Israel. My guess is he is ripping on Ron Paul because Paul does not support Israel like Beck would want.

Top Bottom