• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have an offer to trade a long rifle for a Kahr PM9 and I don't know much about them other than they seem to be fairly expensive for a compact. Any thoughts on these pros cons?:dunno:

smileytrucker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Modoc IN
    All of the reviews I have read on them seam to be fairly good... I guess its going to depend on what rifle you are giving for it. Look up the value of your long gun and read the review posts online. There are many online. They are pricey. In my opinion the price doesnt make the better gun. But some guys like the idea that they have an expencive lead thrower on their side... Thats just my thoughts.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks Smiley! I don't get the price of this gun? They have a low capacity but seem to be reliable. But there are lots of quality less expensive 9's out there. Reviews by people that use the guns mean far more than price to me. And many times price and reliability do not go hand in hand.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    I carry a PM9 daily. I have put the required (on my part and Kahrs) 200 rounds through it in one session without cleaning or lubing during that time. I have put a total of 500 rounds through it so far. I normally shoot wwb and blazer brass and fired a magazine of Hornady Critical Defense and everything cycled nicely with no FTF or FTE. To me it was extremely accurate at 7 yds hitting nothing but the nine and ten rings. If you are looking for a nice subcompact everyday carry, you cant go wrong, IMHO. The low capacity to me is a non-issue and yes I know that some will argue that more is better but thats just me. Good Luck!

edg

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Love my PM9. Reliable. I trust it to work anytime I ask. Smallest of the quality 9mm. There are other small 9s out there, but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying them.

The trigger travel is very long. It took some getting used too, but I did not mind all those trips to the range. The trigger is very smooth though. It is very accurate considering the short 3" barrel length. The PM9 is relatively easy to carry and conceal.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a PM9 daily. I have put the required (on my part and Kahrs) 200 rounds through it in one session without cleaning or lubing during that time. I have put a total of 500 rounds through it so far. I normally shoot wwb and blazer brass and fired a magazine of Hornady Critical Defense and everything cycled nicely with no FTF or FTE. To me it was extremely accurate at 7 yds hitting nothing but the nine and ten rings. If you are looking for a nice subcompact everyday carry, you cant go wrong, IMHO. The low capacity to me is a non-issue and yes I know that some will argue that more is better but thats just me. Good Luck!

edg

Thanks edg thats what I was looking for!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I recently picked up a PM9 with one mag from a LGS for $475. It is used but in very good condition and has been 100% reliable with FMJ and Hollowpoint rounds from several manufacturers.

They are not easy to come by currently and I felt lucky to find one near me at what I considered to be a reasonable price.

It is on my hip as I type.

Buckaroo

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Have a Karl and really like it

I have an offer to trade a long rifle for a Kahr PM9 and I don't know much about them other than they seem to be fairly expensive for a compact. Any thoughts on these pros cons?:dunno:

I bought a Kahr Arms in 40S&W, (the MK40), and once it was broke in it shoots really nice. First 100 shots it was shooting low and left but now seems to be OK. It has never jammed. Well made guns and worth the money in my opinion. If you are buying for PP you want one that shoots every time. :twocents:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I carry one in my pocket every day, even when I have one on my side. I have never had a FTF or FTE. It is very accurate. The going price for a used, excellent condition PM9 is about $525. The black diamond models are about $20 more than the stainless. The black diamond is blued over stainless. Depending on what your rifle is worth, it could be a very good trade.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I just took mine out of my pocket a few minutes ago after a full day of carrying. It is so small and light that sometimes I forget I have it and walk into a place that forgets we have a constitution.

When I bought it, new, I did as instructed and fed it 200 rounds as a break in before carrying. I found it a pleasure to shoot, and now have well over 1000 rounds through it and have not had any issues (other than the price of ammo going up).

As for accuracy, it is nothing short of amazing. I ran a couple of mags through at the 25 yard range just for the heck of it. Well beyond normal defensive distance for any handgun, this 3 inch midget managed to put each round on paper. I really didn't care whether it was in the X ring or the corner of the 8x10 sheet, if that was a human target he/she would have been hurting.

I trust my life to it, and have no problem recommending it to others as long as they understand to make sure it is broken in per manufacturers requirements, and you practice, practice, practice.

Oh, even after well over 1K rounds, mine is still a bear to pull the slide back. Very tight tolerances and a well made firearm is what you are spending your hard earned dollars on.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I saw that same gun and was interested. Unfortunately I'm only twenty years old at the moment so it's not legal for me to own.:wallbash: The most important thing I found when reading the reviews: dont get any Kahr guns with polymer frames. Other than that they seem like good guns though.

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Love my PM9. Reliable. I trust it to work anytime I ask. Smallest of the quality 9mm. There are other small 9s out there, but I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying them.

The trigger travel is very long. It took some getting used too, but I did not mind all those trips to the range. The trigger is very smooth though. It is very accurate considering the short 3" barrel length. The PM9 is relatively easy to carry and conceal.

I dont have a PM9 but I do have a P9 and I agree with what the above poster has said. The Kahrs carry extremely well due to their flat single stack mags and overall design. My P9 is very accurate for a gun of its size at combat distance. Never had any FTF or FTE, only thing that I had an issue with is the trigger pull. It's not bad, just different.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    The most important thing I found when reading the reviews: dont get any Kahr guns with polymer frames. Other than that they seem like good guns though.

Lots of us have polymer framed Kahrs and have no problems. Care to enlighten us why we should avoid them?

PM9 owner.

Buckaroo

Last edited:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    The most important thing I found when reading the reviews: dont get any Kahr guns with polymer frames. Other than that they seem like good guns though.

:orly:

What has your personal experience been with Kahr pistols? Do tell!

:cool:

Top Bottom