• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Ruger 22 pistol in your favorite flavor. Bearcat, Single 6/9, MK, 22/45, Sp101, LCR. They are pretty much all winners. I've no personal experience with the Browing Buckmark, but it's the only other 22 pistol I've heard generally positive things about that isn't a Ruger.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Had a Buckmark, was nice (but it was a standard model and I would have liked the 5.5 trigger and adj sear). Lucked into a HS Sharpshooter, very nice trigger, shoots great (after tuning the magazines). IMHO it blows the Buckmarks/Rugers out of the water.

But not everybody likes the bigger grip and hefty weight. My kids like Gramps' Match target Woodsman............eh, it's OK ;)

I would like a smaller .22 auto, of decent trigger and adj sights, a pocket rig that can do some fair placement in the field. Dunno if anything fits that bill. My P22 was OK size wise but the sights sucked. The new Ruger has adj sights but I dunno if the trigger could be made decent (not that my P22 was, but in that package it was maybe usable, and I was going to work on it.........if the sights hadn't sucked).

So............for a small size .22 of adj sight I'm pretty much stuck with trying to find a Smith 63 revolver, that doesn't cost a kidney.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I have a Ruger MKIII 22/45RP and love it. It shoot anything and everything. I usually shoot the federal bulk ammo from wally world and no problems at all. Accurate, fun to shoot, and it looks good.
    400389_355344854475682_793989739_n.jpg

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    i personally like my ruger mk 2 but my browning 5.5" nickel target is the best shooting 22 pistol i ever shot. its easy to go out back to shoot a few rounds and end up going through 500 rds before you know it.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    A friend loaned me his M&P .22 and for a week I have run a bunch of rounds through it. I have loved it, and it ran flawlessly until last night when I lost it in a tragic boating accident. ;) Well I will apologize to him, and report back on how it works through the next few weeks.

Oh crap, I hope he doesn't read this post.

44spl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    I enjoy having my TP22 on me. Fits in my backpocket. And lets face it if the perp see's a gun he's going to run

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    real nice. :xmad:
    A friend loaned me his M&P .22 and for a week I have run a bunch of rounds through it. I have loved it, and it ran flawlessly until last night when I lost it in a tragic boating accident. ;) Well I will apologize to him, and report back on how it works through the next few weeks.

Oh crap, I hope he doesn't read this post.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've gone back and forth between Walther P22, Mark 2/3, SR22, and a coupe others over the last few months. I knew I wanted a fixed barrel,so I could do a suppressor easily. I also wanted more than 10 round mags, which was practically unheard of. Then I found out the M&P22 has 12 round mags, a fixed barrel, and threading so the decision was an easy one. I still want bigger mags, but 12 is better than 10! Plus, I already have an M&P9 and 9c, so this is a perfect trainer.

covert justice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Indy
    I have to chime I here. I love my Ruger SR22. It has performed flawlessly on all the cheap bulk ammo I have found. Its also very easy to strip and clean after shooting.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    if you have a few nickels to rub together, a model 41 s&w from the 70's. hand built by one person and there isnt a more accurate 22, unless you get way up into the 4 digit priced pistols.

for general target and plinking a ruger mk 1, 2, or 3 , or 22/45. cant go wrong with any of them.

i've got half dozen 22's including the above mentioned, you are welcome to try any of them to make up your mind....daryll

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I have a browning buckmark and it is a jam-o-matic even with the high velocity stuff. It is very comfortable to shoot, that is the only reason that I am keeping it around.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I'm looking at getting a 22LR semi auto handgun and wanted everybodys thoughts on a good one. I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy, but I had a Walther P22 and didn't like it at all.

I'm curious to know why you didn't like the P22. I got rid of mine as well. LOVED the feel of it. Constantly jammed, didn't feed right. As a Sig guy, I am probably going to get a Mosquito. I heard of problems in the past, pretty confident that the new ones work fine.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    22 semi autos

I must be lucky. I have 5 semi auto 22s and I have never had any trouble with any of them. I have a couple of S-W 22 a, A MK2, a 22-45 and a Sig 1911-22-OD. They all are very accurate and none of them are pickey about ammo.

Top Bottom