• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazer1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    South Bend
    I recently bought a 1911 4.25" to carry. I currently carry a mp9c in a fobus paddle holster and a de santis IWB. The issue i have with the de santis is it puts alot of holster wear and is hot in the summer and I find the fobus uncomfortable. Any suggestions on a OWB that is not very bulky and comfortable?

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Kydex or Leather? I personally like a good quality leather holster for OWB carry with a 1911. I have used a scabbard style, avenger style, pancake and belt slide. You will buy more than one to find the style that suits you the best. I personally like an Avenger style holster for EDC OWB and a pancake style if I need to cover it up.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg
    Any holster will create finding wear no matter what material it is made from
    Leather is actually really bad for your finish if stored in it
    Your every day carry gun will get worn out looking, that is a fact you will have to accept
    Buy a holster based on comfort and concealabiltity

The OWB I wear is super comfy and still concealable with a jacket or untucked button up shirt
    PMing you details pics now

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I realize you said OWB, but I think that might be because of your poor experience with a previous IWB. Try a VMII from Milt Sparks, it's the best holster I've had and is very comfy.

Top Bottom