Thought experiment - would JFK be welcome in today's anti-2A Democrat party?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    JFK was, and should be remembered as a liberal. The fact that he was a member of the NRA means nothing, unless one is of the opinion that, standing alone, membership in the NRA makes on completely conservative. Which of course is nonsense.

JFK loved America...thus making him ineligible for membership in the DNC

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    JFK was, and should be remembered as a liberal. The fact that he was a member of the NRA means nothing, unless one is of the opinion that, standing alone, membership in the NRA makes on completely conservative. Which of course is nonsense.

Yes, but was he a classical liberal or a neo liberal?

The people that we dub "liberal" today are nothing of the sort.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    whocares why worry about the past and a man who is long deceased. We need to worry about the future and stopping the theft from future generations who have yet to be born.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, but was he a classical liberal or a neo liberal?

The people that we dub "liberal" today are nothing of the sort.

If JFK was sitting in the WH now, and was following the policies he had in the 60s, you guys would be complaing about him as much as you do Obama.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    whocares why worry about the past and a man who is long deceased. We need to worry about the future and stopping the theft from future generations who have yet to be born.

You don't know where you are going if you don't know where you came from.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    From the rumours and stories surrounding him and his numerous affairs, I'd go with pro-choice. Plenty of hearsay about his many lovers having had abortions. He couldn't have been too much against it.

He made comments that would indicate he leaned that way, and he also nominated Byron White to the Supreme Court, who was one of the dissenting Roe votes.

For a 1960s era Catholic to not be pro-life would have been far outside the realm of ordinary IMO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He made comments that would indicate he leaned that way, and he also nominated Byron White to the Supreme Court, who was one of the dissenting Roe votes.

For a 1960s era Catholic to not be pro-life would have been far outside the realm of ordinary IMO.

...but totally ok for 1960s Catholics to diddle any woman that crosses their path? And we won t even get into their father's wealth.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Captain Bligh, that was almost an insulting statement about we Sailors.

VN Vet, just for clarification my comment was "sailor" with a lower case "s." It was not a comment on JFK's Navy service but upon his experience in sail boats. As a little "s" sailor, you know you can't sail into the wind. Close to it yes, into it no.

I guess ya'll have more faith in politicians than I do if you think what they say on one day is what they'll do on another...much less a few decades later.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'd guess that the libtards would hate JFK as much as they hate the NRA, considering JFK was an NRA Lifetime member, LOL... :lmfao:

JFK was, and should be remembered as a liberal...
    And JFK's 'liberal' ain't todays 'libtard'. :yesway:

Last edited:

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    A lot of people on INGO would ridicule him for being a "tin foiler". He warned us about "secret societies". I had to listen to this video a few times just to make sure I was hearing what I thought he was saying. He said there is a ruthless conspiracy around the world and they silence their dissenters. He said he wanted to inform and alert the American people.

[video=youtube;3KeR3yMZi0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KeR3yMZi0g&feature=related[/video]

Top Bottom