• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Do you get notifications of strange groups following you?

I just got a notification that "The Mercatus Center" is following me on twitter.

What do you do when you feel that a possibly liberal organization is following you on twitter? Do you block them? Do you hope that they see some conservative behavior that is commendable?

Anybody?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do you get notifications of strange groups following you?

I just got a notification that "The Mercatus Center" is following me on twitter.

What do you do when you feel that a possibly liberal organization is following you on twitter? Do you block them? Do you hope that they see some conservative behavior that is commendable?

Anybody?

Er...I'm pretty sure The Mercatus Center is right-wing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    why would they decide to follow some random persons twitter account?

no offense meant to you by saying you are just a random person. i just mean not a huge public person like chuck norris or anything.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Yeah, Mercatus Center is George Mason U's public policy center. They used to host luncheon speakers of guest scholars for Congressional staff every week or two and give university credit for attending (like .25 credits per). I think "right-wing" is a little strong characterization but definitely not "liberal."

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    why would they decide to follow some random persons twitter account?

no offense meant to you by saying you are just a random person. i just mean not a huge public person like chuck norris or anything.

Rich there is no offense taken at all.
    My thought is that maybe they google names or usernames and choose to follow based on the content of their find. I don't post a lot about my personal life or my right wing militia involvements on line. LOL Just kidding.
    Regardless I still get the heebeegeebees when thinking about unknown orginizations poking and prodding where I can in fact block them.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Mercatus Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mercatus Center at George Mason University - Home

Mercatus Center at George Mason University - About Mercatus Center

Mercatus Center at George Mason University - Policy Regarding Independence of Research

If they're right wing or left wing, I can't tell. Their website is pretty elusive about what side they favor. Being on George Mason campus, I'd say they're liberal, but that's just a wild guess.

Ryan, I've looked up everyone who has wanted to follow me. I could not find any directional statements at all but I didn't proofread their entire site.

Oh BTW I loved your sig line....

I just hope that doesn't make him angry. :): :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ryan, I've looked up everyone who has wanted to follow me. I could not find any directional statements at all but I didn't proofread their entire site.

Oh BTW I loved your sig line....

I just hope that doesn't make him angry. :): :laugh:

They look pretty neutral to me, but being on a college campus I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and no, the voices are too busy fighting over what we're going to have for dinner tonight. Just don't mention :bacondance: and we should be ok... :D

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Well see that is why I most generally use twitter only for news updates on my mobile. I have twittered about five times since I signed up. And those were for forwarding news stories that are conservative in nature. About the same type of stuff I post on facebook.
    I only talk about guns and stuff on INGO.com or that other gun-nut site that many of us are members of.

Top Bottom