• ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    He'll yea!!!

I know how hard it is running the gauntlet of IED's and choke points bristling with insurgents this nation has to offer on a daily basis.:patriot:

If you are the kind of cop that can't wait to brandish one of those, or an elected official that believes he/she needs one, you are a ****tard.

I'm not anti cop, just anti "little man" syndrome cop.

I have "little man syndrome"...but only when I'm around Frank_N_Stein

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Any edge you can give the cops in a bad situation is a good thing. This would be for very specialized missions. I think every major city should have at least one for the SWAT team. And as for free, well that is a matter of perspective. They have already been paid for. So free to the cities.

Hell Chicago cops should probably have a dozen of them.

First the big cities had SWAT teams. Now it seems like every county has one. That concerns me a little bit.

When does the other shoe drop for these departments? It just seems like at some point .gov could come back and say, heh remember that free armored vehicle we "gave" you? Now we need you to do something for us.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    First the big cities had SWAT teams. Now it seems like every county has one. That concerns me a little bit.

When does the other shoe drop for these departments? It just seems like at some point .gov could come back and say, heh remember that free armored vehicle we "gave" you? Now we need you to do something for us.

I would love if every county had a SWAT team. I mean SWAT is Special Weapons And Tactics. Something used for things that deserve said attention. For instance, Most of the people on this site have probably never even heard of a town called Andrews. It is a town very close to mine. They (in collaboration with other departments, obviously) had to storm an underground drug operation with literally millions of dollars worth of pot. Things like violent drug pushers require a show of force. Also if I am away from home and some pervert psychopath breaks in and holds my wife hostage, I don't want Joe Blow small-town-cop bustin in my door. I want a police officer given extensive training in the subject matter at hand that I know can perform when needed!

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Besides, If a "Red Dawn" situation rolls in to Indiana, I wanna be standing behind of those when I am standing beside the Volunteers!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If the police filled their role of peace-keeper, like they were supposed to, I wouldn't really care what sort of equipment they used.

But as long as they are being used for all of the wrong purposes, like roadside taxing, shooting baby deer, and hauling in plant owners... I do care if they start acting like commandos and ninjas.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    If the police filled their role of peace-keeper, like they were supposed to, I wouldn't really care what sort of equipment they used.

But as long as they are being used for all of the wrong purposes, like roadside taxing, shooting baby deer, and hauling in plant owners... I do care if they start acting like commandos and ninjas.

:yesway: This my concern.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Here's why some have concern over MRAPs and police dressing as Das Reich, it can lead to this:

Dallas Acquires MRAP Armored Vehicle As Militarization Of Police Continues - Investors.com

A guy with a clipboard could have handled this.

OK I read it and it absolutely nothing to do with the police. And everything to do with what appears to be a corrupt local government. Why always point the finger at the police. You really don't think the police could have held the same raid without the vesicle in question?

Smoke and mirrors in my opinion. The problem is not the cop on the street it's the government that tells them what to do, how to do it and how much they can get away with.

So often we look at the symptoms and blame the symptoms and never treat the source - the disease. The disease is the government that runs the cops. Not the cops on the street that have a vehicle to keep them safer.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    OK I read it and it absolutely nothing to do with the police. And everything to do with what appears to be a corrupt local government. Why always point the finger at the police. You really don't think the police could have held the same raid without the vesicle in question?

Smoke and mirrors in my opinion. The problem is not the cop on the street it's the government that tells them what to do, how to do it and how much they can get away with.

So often we look at the symptoms and blame the symptoms and never treat the source - the disease. The disease is the government that runs the cops. Not the cops on the street that have a vehicle to keep them safer.
    So the cops have no option to do the right thing if the powers that be tell them what to do and when and to whom to do it? This may be why there is a distrust of police.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what about private armored cars? Especially owned by Hollywood hypocrites who want to disarm you.

Celebrities from Steven Seagal to Kanye West are rolling in the latest status ride: Luxury vehicles that can take a bullet -- or shock a paparazzo.

Hollywood's New Favorite Cars Are Armored and Electrified - The Hollywood Reporter

Why are rich democrats given a pass? If a group of militia or ghetto types or just common people were to start buying armed vehicles then just think of the stink!

Why worry about the police having armored vehicles when the rich are doing worst? Why are their lives, or those in the police (to include the mayors who have bodyguards) more valuable than yours?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

When the police stop doing the bidding of their masters, your argument may contain some merit.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So what about private armored cars? Especially owned by Hollywood hypocrites who want to disarm you.

Celebrities from Steven Seagal to Kanye West are rolling in the latest status ride: Luxury vehicles that can take a bullet -- or shock a paparazzo.

Hollywood's New Favorite Cars Are Armored and Electrified - The Hollywood Reporter

Why are rich democrats given a pass? If a group of militia or ghetto types or just common people were to start buying armed vehicles then just think of the stink!

Why worry about the police having armored vehicles when the rich are doing worst? Why are their lives, or those in the police (to include the mayors who have bodyguards) more valuable than yours?

Private owners, even rich ones, are not able to drive their armored vehicles through my wall so they can shoot my dog with zero repercussions or accountability.

The police can.

Hope that answers your question.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Private owners, even rich ones, are not able to drive their armored vehicles through my wall so they can shoot my dog with zero repercussions or accountability.

The police can.

Hope that answers your question.

If I am rich, then why not run right over you? After all the rich have good lawyers and they own the democrats. Thus they have the power of the government.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If I am rich, then why not run right over you? After all the rich have good lawyers and they own the democrats. Thus they have the power of the government.

I don't believe that I ought to have any say in what a private party does with their money until they actually drive their armored car onto my property (got any links for that one?)

I definitely ought to have a say in what the government does with my money. And I would vote 'no' on armored cars until there is more accountability and fewer laws.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe that I ought to have any say in what a private party does with their money until they actually drive their armored car onto my property (got any links for that one?)

I definitely ought to have a say in what the government does with my money. And I would vote 'no' on armored cars until there is more accountability and fewer laws.

We have had the rich, especially in the south, use strong armed tactics. Often there was one rich guy who basically controlled the county. He said who was going to be sheriff, judge and such. Much of the democrat party was a group of rich men. Jim Crow was a way to keep workers in line. You can not separate wealth from power. They are the same.

And with good lawyers, the rich can take your property. Or enslave you.

Nor should they be given titles of nobility or grants of property (ie monopoly rights).

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    We have had the rich, especially in the south, use strong armed tactics. Often there was one rich guy who basically controlled the county. He said who was going to be sheriff, judge and such. Much of the democrat party was a group of rich men. Jim Crow was a way to keep workers in line. You can not separate wealth from power. They are the same.

And with good lawyers, the rich can take your property. Or enslave you.

Nor should they be given titles of nobility or grants of property (ie monopoly rights).

I am also against corruption of this nature.

Not sure what it has to do with the discussion at hand.

Top Bottom