• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I don't know about this. The video is not good enough to see what is going on. It is in fact good enough with the sound to determine that the officers had a defiant resister. Can't tell about the rest though. Just because the FBI is involved doesn't mean anything. I have known three guys that were investigated by the FBI over alleged incident. None were found to be substantiated.

Circle the wagons :rolleyes:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My computer monitor sucks! The only thing I can tell is that one officer gives the guy a kick toward the end that doesn't really seem to be necessary. Can you guys fill me on on the rest? How many officers in total were there? All from the same department or different? How many times did they punch this guy? How many times did they kick this guy? Were the officers old/young? Fat/skinny? What about the suspect/victim? I can't tell anything about him but his yellow jacket. The Chief/Sheriff seems to have made his decision on what happened based on the article. Hopefully there will be some updates on this story.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My computer monitor sucks! The only thing I can tell is that one officer gives the guy a kick toward the end that doesn't really seem to be necessary.

That is ALL I saw as well.

I couldn't agree more that the kick was totally unnecessary, but how he sustained 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung is beyond me...The cop didn't step into it or anything.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    At the start of the video, 2 officers are off camera, but seem to be speaking to a group of men on the passenger side of a late 90s/early 00's Saturn. It is difficult to make out the age of the officer ordering the subject to remove his hands from his pocket, but he is somewhat heavyset around the middle, so it's likely he's older. As this officer grabs the subject to force him to the ground, the other 2 officers rush to his aid. One is clearly middle aged, as he is quite bald, and what hair he has left is greyish-white. The third officer moves towards the altercation from behind the other persons at the scene, and the car, so it is also difficult to make out his age and body size. A total of three officers proceed to wrestle the subject to the ground, and although the video is low resolution, and it's enlargement makes for a quite pixelated view (so it isn't your monitor) it's pretty clear there are several blows rained down on the subject from all 3 officers. They don't appear to be swiping gestures, as if they are trying to restrain his hands, but instead have the characteristic rearing back, pistoning forward of punches. The only time they stop hitting him is so that one of the officers can taze him, after which the kick you mentioned occurs. Then the video ends.

Frankly, if anyone in that video needed a beating, it was the dude in the baggy polka-dotted pants.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    He was beat for not listening. The officers were pretty horrible at grappling, dancing him around before they took him to the ground. Seriously, they need to participate in some DT's - their grappling is shameful.

The striking that came after he was on the ground was not necessary - especially with three officers on him.

He should have listened, and not put his hands back in his pocket. That, however - does not excuse the excessive force used.

If three officers that all appear to weigh more than the suspect cannot subdue and cuff an unarmed man who is not fighting back - they should probably find a new line of work anyway - this will just give them some incentive to make that move (well maybe.. or just move to a different county...).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Those allegations are not going anywhere criminally IMO. We don't know the entire story but it did involve shots being fired. On a call like that it is not unreasonable to have control of any potential suspect. The guy would not do what he was ordered to do. As a result force was required. Taking your hands out of ones pocket is a pretty reasonable order considering the nature of the call. People oftentimes get injured during struggles like that one. By watching the video you can't really tell what went on. This is just an allegation of police abuse by a defense attorney. An allegation by a defense attorney holds about as much weight with me as the same from a felon...none at all. We aren't going to agree based on what is available. We will just have to see what happens.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Mommy must have ignored these officers as children and not loved them enough.....got picked on in school, always got their assed whipped, ole lady makes them feel like the ***** in the relationship......Only reasons I can come up with for people to act this way....kinda reminds me of some jackboots on this forum.....

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    If three officers that all appear to weigh more than the suspect cannot subdue and cuff an unarmed man who is not fighting back - they should probably find a new line of work anyway - this will just give them some incentive to make that move (well maybe.. or just move to a different county...).

You do remember the jackboots here in martinsville last year......you know two grown men having to tase 10 year old.......they was afraid is why they tased him, if there had been three of them they would have subdued and beaten him........so, see it takes 3 officers to subdue a 10 year old boy, too.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Mommy must have ignored these officers as children and not loved them enough.....got picked on in school, always got their assed whipped, ole lady makes them feel like the ***** in the relationship......Only reasons I can come up with for people to act this way....kinda reminds me of some jackboots on this forum.....

Yea man the usual throwback from the big bad mean ole anti police types. I lost count of how many ignorant drunks have said the same thing....right after they said they were gonna whip all our a---- and of course ONLY after they cuffed up like a little HS girl all timid and meek.:laugh: It is amusing how once the cuffs go on and they get put in the car they get all sorts bad a--:D All the way to the jail they are talking how they are gonna whip your tail, rape your wife,kill your dog and burn your house down. Then once at the jail and the cuffs come off they are all yes sir,no sir and sorry sir. Pathetic and funny all at the same time!:n00b:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Yea man the usual throwback from the big bad mean ole anti police types. I lost count of how many ignorant drunks have said the same thing....right after they said they were gonna whip all our a---- and of course ONLY after they cuffed up like a little HS girl all timid and meek.:laugh: It is amusing how once the cuffs go on and they get put in the car they get all sorts bad a--:D All the way to the jail they are talking how they are gonna whip your tail, rape your wife,kill your dog and burn your house down. Then once at the jail and the cuffs come off they are all yes sir,no sir and sorry sir. Pathetic and funny all at the same time!:n00b:

Well maybe if they were allowed to call backup and then beat you down and have their buddies lie and say you was resisting, it would be a fair fight.....but, untill then it is funny how all the video's that pop up of the big bad policeman.....it is always 4-5 to one and hell alot of the times after the perp is handcuffed (that takes a real bad ass)......hmmmmm makes you wonder how a man can talk about how tough he is and how a perp is such a chump, with all the back-up, to protect his little ass.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Yeah, it is mysterious isn't it?

Well maybe if they were allowed to call backup and then beat you down and have their buddies lie and say you was resisting, it would be a fair fight.....but, untill then it is funny how all the video's that pop up of the big bad policeman.....it is always 4-5 to one......hmmmmm makes you wonder how a man can talk about how tough he is and how a perp is such a chump, with all the back-up, to protect his little ass.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton

Maybe if more of them officers would step in....on comments made by some of the LE on this board that make statements of how there discretion, without a doubt will always favor a LEO.....I think as stated.... NO, MATTER WHAT!!!!

We would have less a hatred for the abuse of power because if LEO's do not correct their own bad habits or bad apples, who is????? Some of us regular everyday citizens, have a problem with the abuse that some officers inflict on people just because, they can.....

But, I have not seen one officer on here, say one bad thing about an officer who has admitted preferential treatment to other LEO's.....so, to me, makes most just as guilty as the ones with the mouth......We all know it happens but, to openly brag about it......

No matter how LEO hating, I come across on this board.....I respect a good officer and do not like a bad one and those that will cover for one because they are afraid how it will look to the public. To me those that turn a blind eye or ear are worse!

I understand that not all officers are bad but, when you take the bad ones and the ones that will not correct them....I bet it is more than you think

And what's the old saying, it only takes one bad apple.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    In my position, I won't let the faults of others place my job in jeopardy. We have 288 officers. Sooner or later the story of the reckless officer will make it to the top. I am fair to the people that I work with and they know if they screw up, it's their fault not mine. I have the ability to (and do) take discipline through the chain of command. The chain can and are more harsh than I am. I am not a head hunter, that's not me. I talk to officers on a daily basis about their driving (chief citizen complaint). I also receive informal complaints on a weekly basis that I investigate. No cover-up here.

I take it back, here is an officer, I RESPECT....it is refreshing to read a statement from a officer with this conviction for supporting and following the law.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom