This site should have a place for singles to get to know one another.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    This is probably the typical INGO date:

Dsc_1245.jpg

I think he's wearing capris :dunno:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Does anyone else agree? I LOVE the outdoors, love to shoot (although still very much an amateur), and looking to meet others who enjoy the same. Has this ever been tried, or do the men just outnumber the women on here so much so that it isn't worth it...for the men anyway ;)

There are a lot of us who are single. It's a good idea but yet it's hard to weed out the pranksters so that it could actually work. Sorry guys I know you're just having fun.

The icon idea someone mentioned is a good idea. I would like to know if the member contacting me is single. I have no problem with married men wanting to be my friend but I find it creepy when they hit on me.

Other than meet and greets, private messages would probably be better so it doesn't turn into a free for all like this thread did.

I have not actively fished in the INGO waters but have had several bites (offers) from other members. I have talked to and met some really nice men and I have talked to the bitter middle aged men who still live in the past. There are also the game players and the not so right in the head guys. You can tell a lot about a man by his music choices. If all his music is dark and angry, chances are, so is he.

The best way to get noticed and meet like minded men is to participate in threads that interest you. This way your prince charming will have a better chance of knowing you are out there and that you like the same things he does. Once he makes contact you can check his post history to see if he has similar views and interests.

I know how hard this is, my situation is very similar to yours. Married 20+ years and suddenly single. Dating sucks, the rules have changed since we did it last time. Be careful who you trust or who you give your heart to. Some men will prey on you if they sense you are vulnerable. Not all that glitters is gold.

With that said, by the comments many of the single men here make, they are lonely and looking for that honest woman who will love them back. They want the same things we do. Unfortunately many are too shy to reach out and contact an eligible girl. I'm not sure what if anything you can do about those guys. I guess if they really intrigue you, you could contact them first. I'm from the don't speak until spoken to era, that and I hate rejection, so it is doubtful I would ever make the first move. I guess you just have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if someone seems interesting enough for you to take that chance.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Post an ad like this:

Looking for a nice single gentleman that enjoys the company of a woman and has a collection of 1911 firearms.

Please include a picture of the 1911 collection.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    They are ALL crazy....its just a matter of to what degree the WOMAN is crazy. :nuts:

We're not all crazy. You're probably just fishing in polluted waters.

I'm not crazy. I'm just different. I'd like to think of it more as I have a unique sense of humor and most people just don't get my jokes. :)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

I'm not crazy. I'm just different. I'd like to think of it more as I have a unique sense of humor and most people just don't get my jokes. :)

Speak for yourself. I'm downright loony. But I'm a lovable kind of loony, not the scary wear your scrotum as a hat kind of loony.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

Fishing? Ive resorted to throwing 1/4 sticks in to the river just to see what floats afterwards. :buddies:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Fishing? Ive resorted to throwing 1/4 sticks in to the river just to see what floats afterwards. :buddies:

No wonder you keep meeting crazy women, You've discombobulated them with your dating tactics.

If your DOB is 87 then you are probably dealing with hormones, just know that not all women are hormonal. I always said I never had to have PMS because my X always had it for me. Some of us are actually even keel all year round. However that doesn't make us stepping stones and if you are bad you still need to stand in the corner. :)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    No wonder you keep meeting crazy women, You've discombobulated them with your dating tactics.

If your DOB is 87 then you are probably dealing with hormones, just know that not all women are hormonal. I always said I never had to have PMS because my X always had it for me. Some of us are actually even keel all year round. However that doesn't make us stepping stones and if you are bad you still need to stand in the corner. :)

1187...as in Remington 11-87 autoloading shotgun. We gotta work on your "gun stuff". ;) I was born in 1971. I shall GOTO.. MY ROOM....I dont do corners. Its tactically a disadvantage in itself.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    1187...as in Remington 11-87 autoloading shotgun. We gotta work on your "gun stuff". ;) I was born in 1971. I shall GOTO.. MY ROOM....I dont do corners. Its tactically a disadvantage in itself.

I'm right handed and left eye dominant so long guns aren't exactly my favorite things to shoot. I am also petite. My son's Mosin, with the bayonet extended is taller than I am . So I'm pretty oblivious to most long guns unless my son likes it, want's it or owns it. That' my excuse at least.

I'm also kind of new to guns so I have a lot of learning and catching up to do. I never knew I would eventually have to protect myself.

71, just a baby. You go to your room and you like it. :stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Crazy is perception. I am just fine....ask me....go ahead....:):

Pranksters....who, where.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm right handed and left eye dominant so long guns aren't exactly my favorite things to shoot. I am also petite. My son's Mosin, with the bayonet extended is taller than I am . So I'm pretty oblivious to most long guns unless my son likes it, want's it or owns it. That' my excuse at least.

I'm also kind of new to guns so I have a lot of learning and catching up to do. I never knew I would eventually have to protect myself.

71, just a baby. You go to your room and you like it. :stickpoke:

My sister (ingo mamber GEM) is the same. Right hand shooter, left eye dominant. I was trying to get her POI on center and was working with her grip and trigger discipline. She improved but still struggled. Standing behind her I noticed she was in a strange stance and bingo. With practice and coaching she has overcome this and is very deadly.

Top Bottom