• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    It amazes me that no one mentions Columbine when talking about the proposed “Assault Weapons Ban”

I guess the fact that the last “Assault Weapons Ban” did absolutely nothing to stop it…makes it all the more puzzling.

What say you..?

:popcorn:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think under that thinking; it's just as justified to say that opening the flood gates to assault weapons and allowing the well regulated militia to regulate itself hasn't been a sterling example of how to save innocent lives.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    well, many use it as an argument that grandfathering is a bad idea and one should just ban them out right...

As we can now see from NY , this has nothing to do with safer schools, and everything about removing the populations ability to fight..

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Single : that is a scary thought. This dis-arming of US citizens. It just scares to doo outta me. The greater portion of our "sheeple" are just along for the ride, with their hand out, waiting for their updated new phone and cheese and free health.
    We better get off our humps and get the word out loud n clear if we're going to keep our RIGHT (*note : not PRIVILEGE*) to bear arms and affordable ammo.
    If you haven't emailed / written / phoned your state and federal government, you'd better do it now.

I have..!!

Avec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    In 2011, there were 323 intentional deaths caused by rifles - of all kinds. Assault rifle, or rifle bans of any kind are quite simply a solution looking for a problem.

Thumper1000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    A gun without bullets is a hammer, the gun doesn't shoot people the person does. It all starts with the upbringing and the parents.

Thumper1000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    NY is limiting to 7 round mags now, this is not going to stop these shootings it just means they will have to reload.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    well, many use it as an argument that grandfathering is a bad idea and one should just ban them out right...

As we can now see from NY , this has nothing to do with safer schools, and everything about removing the populations ability to fight..

It's just politics. It has nothing to do with anything except polling numbers and getting re-elected. It's just about re-election. Nothing else.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I think under that thinking; it's just as justified to say that opening the flood gates to assault weapons and allowing the well regulated militia to regulate itself hasn't been a sterling example of how to save innocent lives.

First of all, this hasn't been tried. In the context of school shootings this would mean having armed protection on site (you are your own first responder. LEOs are almost always secondary or tertiary responders.). Arm up administrators and teachers who want to carry and let's see what happens. Outside of legal enforced victim disarmament zones, violent crime has been dropping for 30 years. Largely due to "opening the flood gates" on concealed carry permits. The correlation can be seen here with homicides.

4ic3tc.jpg

Secondly, it could be that it's because it's all about behavior, not the tools used to act out said behavior. It kills me when people like Piers Morgan go on TV talking about how low "gun" crime is in his home country, while selectively forgetting that Great Britain's violent crime rate has skyrocketed since they virtually banned guns and is now FOUR TIMES higher than the U.S.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    NY is limiting to 7 round mags now, this is not going to stop these shootings it just means they will have to reload.

They wouldn't have to reload because they will not obey the law. They will still have the Illegal High Capacity magazines. Gun Laws only hurt the Law Abiding Citizen. Criminals are criminals they don't pay attention to these laws or any law for that matter.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    It kills me when people like Piers Morgan go on TV talking about how low "gun" crime is in his home country, while selectively forgetting that Great Britain's violent crime rate has skyrocketed since they virtually banned guns and is now FOUR TIMES higher than the U.S.

There's three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics.

It's easy to cherry pick the data.

After all, did you know 100% of people who died of cancer consumed di-hydrogen monoxide?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Didn't stop Columbine. Didn't stop Newtown either. The type of rifle used at Newtown is already banned in CT.

I had thought it was established that there were not AR type rifles involved in the Newtown shooting. Two handguns used in the school and a shotgun in the trunk is what I thought the actual firearms were.

Not that it would have a bearing on what they want to ban. I think we all need to realize too that curbing gun violence is not a goal and is not even desired by the gun grabbers. If they took effective action, they would lose their golden ticket when tragedy's happen. Instead, each time there is a mass shooting, they grab something, but nothing that would stop them from getting another chance at a grab later. Once they've grabbed all of the guns, they will start on other things like knives. They will only be happy when the population is completely unable to resist force.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics.

It's easy to cherry pick the data.

After all, did you know 100% of people who died of cancer consumed di-hydrogen monoxide?

Fully half the population is dumber than the average person on the street. True statistic. Just look it up.

Top Bottom