• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NicholasScott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    So i was at church yesterday and a friend of mine had his hand wrapped up and seemed to have a black eye and some marks on his face. I asked what had happened. He and his girlfriend then went on to tell me that they were at the gas station last night and as some guy was walking out, she was walking in and shoved her i guess because he was in such a hurry. Well my friend then got out of the vehicle parked right by the door and started to question the guy....the random guy pushed my friend in which case my friend went to pretty much shove back before the random guy started swinging. My friend then used force to get the guy on the ground in which case, 3 of the random guys buddies jumped out of the truck and started beating the snot out of my friend. Its situations like this that i am thankful that i carry...not that i would want to have to use it in these situations, but thankful in knowing that i have it in case things like this do happen! After talking with my friend he has decided to go out and get his gun permit and will be purchasing a .45.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Hmm. Seems to me after the first push he could have just got in his car and called the authorities. Or left. JMHO.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    yeah...i agree...however...thats how the situation ended up...not that i would ever initiate a fight like that...especially not knowing if they were packing or not

I'm built a lot like Grover from Sesame Street, so I usually try to avoid these situations regardless of how many there are. I hope you don't decide to put yourself in these types of situtations with the mindset that it's ok since you're carrying. There will always be jerks out there looking for a reason to hurt someone. Be Safe!

NicholasScott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    I'm built a lot like Grover from Sesame Street, so I usually try to avoid these situations regardless of how many there are. I hope you don't decide to put yourself in these types of situtations with the mindset that it's ok since you're carrying. There will always be jerks out there looking for a reason to hurt someone. Be Safe!

no no no no no no...im not superman...and i dont intend to try to be...im just saying...because of crazy stupid people like this in the world...it makes me glad to know that i carry...

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If your friend had been carrying for some time by then, he would have probably developed the situational awareness to avoid the encounter entirely. That's one of the best things about carrying--those who do get better at predicting and avoiding trouble before it happens.

Also, if your friend was out and about the following day, it's unlikely he could convince any DA or jury that use of deadly force was justified in that encounter.

NicholasScott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    honestly im not sure how i would have handled the situation. I've never been in his position. But i started carrying to protect myself and my family. not knowing what those guys were capable of scares me....and thats why i have comfort in carrying

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well my friend then got out of the vehicle parked right by the door and started to question the guy

Here's where your friend went wrong. He escalated a situation that had already passed (unless the guy did more to the girlfriend than bump into her and continue on his way) and got himself into a fist fight. How would having a gun have made this better?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    When you are packing heat, you are the only one that knows for sure that a confrontation could end up in a gunfight. With this knowledge in mind the responsibility is on you when a problem arises.

What I am saying in plain language is this; If you were armed in this circumstance you give up the right to "shove back"...... If after "shoving back" you end up needing to shoot somebody, YOU will be the perceived aggressor.

Carrying a gun necessitates the cooling of your jets to the extent that you take more crap than you did before. If not this then the bighouse is in your future.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    1. Tell the guy he should apologize to your girlfriend/wife.
    2. A. If he does, thank him and go on your way.
    B. If he does not, go on your way.

Simple as that.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Carrying a gun necessitates the cooling of your jets to the extent that you take more crap than you did before. If not this then the bighouse is in your future.

This. If you think that carrying allows you to no longer have to tolerate rudeness/whatever you are sorely mistaken. It is now your responsibility to de-escalate every situation unless cornered with no other option. The better outcome is to read the situation and not become involved in the first place.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

Then land yourself in jail? Then your child is born while you're in the pin?

I think you'd be better off calling the cops and filing battery charges. I get being protective, but you gotta look at the big picture.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Oy.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :facepalm:

1096443.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Top Bottom