• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Seems to me, that IF a President Romney (who DOES have experience in the real world, unlike Obama). can help create 12 million jobs in America over the next 5 to 10 years... that will put people to work, at SOMETHING. A good part of those jobs will certainly require some physical labor and activity.

Physical labor and activity help promote fitness and better health, IMHO.

But I will agree with you on this: MY generation, is guilty of not teaching our children's generation.... 1) the value of earning a living (independence & responsibility), and 2) that there are far more wholesome and rewarding "free time" activities than video games and music. :patriot:

Even if Romney can create 12million jobs (which seems very unlikely)... what will it solve? We will still be a nation of gluttonous spenders. Unfortunately the mentality of this country is... "give me more". Give the average American a 10k a year raise and they will simply use it as an excuse to spend 15k more a year (acquiring higher levels of debt).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But I will agree with you on this: MY generation, is guilty of not teaching our children's generation.... 1) the value of earning a living (independence & responsibility), and 2) that there are far more wholesome and rewarding "free time" activities than video games and music. :patriot:
    On that I agree completely.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When Mr Romney is President Romney, AND the Republicans take back the Senate majority.... WE, collectively, will begin solving our nations problems; the right way and with legislation that will finally limit the Federal governments power and reach.

Foreign policy, the economy, the massive unemployment, trade issues, the education issues, all CAN be solved... with the right leaders in office, whom will do the will of the PEOPLE. The people (we) who own this country......

Do you remember when Obama, the candidate, said he would work with Congress to create millions of jobs by using the TARP funds to build new roads and replace our bridges, and promote alternative energy sources. and thus create those jobs? Never happened, under his leadership (or rather, his LACK of leadership). even when the Dems had control of both Houses of Congress.

But, it CAN be done. Time to move on, turn the page, and "get this done".

But WE, the people, need to vote to make that beginning possible.

I honestly don't see that happening as long as lobbyists are able to buy politicians and as long as the majority of politicians, from both sides, are corrupt...well, I'm sure you can figure out where I'm going with it. Your little pep rally might work if the Rs wanted to put up a candidate worth voting for. As is stands, we've got :poop: sandwich and :poop: sandwich with a little bit of mustard.

Until we start having a choice between quality candidates it will just be a continuous cycle of :poop: sandwiches. If we're lucky, some will have corn and peanut bits in them but in the end they'll still be :poop: sandwiches. We might as well be watching the debates and paying $.99 to vote American Idol style because it seems that is how the majority of Americans prefer to vote...who is prettier.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When Mr Romney is President Romney, AND the Republicans take back the Senate majority.... WE, collectively, will begin solving our nations problems; the right way and with legislation that will finally limit the Federal governments power and reach..

I probably would have agreed with this prior to watching a GOP-controlled House, Senate, and White House **** away 6 years in which nearly all of the .gov overreaches could have been corrected. In retrospect it has led me to the conclusion that the notion that the GOP is the party of freedom and fiscal restraint is at best an outdated paradigm and more likely has simply been a complete fiction with the only disagreement being the things on which we are going to spend money like drunken sailors.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I probably would have agreed with this prior to watching a GOP-controlled House, Senate, and White House **** away 6 years in which nearly all of the .gov overreaches could have been corrected. In retrospect it has led me to the conclusion that the notion that the GOP is the party of freedom and fiscal restraint is at best an outdated paradigm and more likely has simply been a complete fiction with the only disagreement being the things on which we are going to spend money like drunken sailors.

I'd rep you but I'm out. But yes, this is the whole point. We just have to show the people on our side that the GOP does not have the answer.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I'd rep you but I'm out. But yes, this is the whole point. We just have to show the people on our side that the GOP does not have the answer.

You mean that republican tyranny isnt better than democratic tyranny?
    Not true! Each of them find new metheds of violating us in their own special way.
    Plus, I rather like the system we have now where they take turns screwing us and expanding thier power to do so. It reminds me of wraslin' when one guy tags the other guy outside of the ring and then they swap so the new guy can take over beating the crap out of somebody.

And they keep it fresh because they are totally different parties, with lots of differences. Let me explain;

Its like Mcdowells vs Mcdonalds. They have the golden arches, we have the golden arcs. Thier buns on the big mack have seeds, our big mic buns dont have seeds.

Saying they are the same will make Eddie be forced to thrash you!

coming_to_america_mcdowells.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

But...but...but...they didn't **** it away, as you say, they used that time to increase the reach of government into our everyday lives.

• USA PATRIOT Act
    • Medicare Part D
    • Department of Homeland Security
    • Transportation Security Administration
    Is Obama and the all Dem congress he had for some time any less to blame for their heinous acts? No, of course not. Did they help pave his road to hell with their allegedly good intentions?

Yes, I read your post...spot on...just adding some of my favorite supporting evidence.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But...but...but...they didn't **** it away, as you say, they used that time to increase the reach of government into our everyday lives.

• USA PATRIOT Act
    • Medicare Part D
    • Department of Homeland Security
    • Transportation Security Administration
    Is Obama and the all Dem congress he had for some time any less to blame for their heinous acts? No, of course not. Did they help pave his road to hell with their allegedly good intentions?

Yes, I read your post...spot on...just adding some of my favorite supporting evidence.

You're right. They did put that time to use running in the wrong direction.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    It's too bad so many people are hating on Eastwood after last week. It really was a great and amusing skit.

Top Bottom