• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I don't really see where anything he said is considered racist. He didn't say that Black people were more American then White people. He said "Fundamentally" on the basis that they were forced to come here and they don't have family ancestry that immigrated here on free will. The Black people can't trace their roots back to Africa like most of us White people can trace ours back to Europe.

I really don't agree with a lot of the things that are going on in our government right now but it seems like some of you don't even listen anymore. You just see something that has to do with Obama and immediately try to crucify him.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I don't really see where anything he said is considered racist. He didn't say that Black people were more American then White people. He said "Fundamentally" on the basis that they were forced to come here and they don't have family ancestry that immigrated here on free will. The Black people can't trace their roots back to Africa like most of us White people can trace ours back to Europe.

That's what I heard too. I think he did a pizzpoor job of explaining it (no tele-prompters of course) but that's my interpretation.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    He wasn't being racist, he was just being a jackass who stumbled over his words and talked in circles. But somehow he was able to put his own people down....LOL

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well, I reckon if it's not racist to say blacks are more American than whites because their ancestors didn't immigrate as recently, I reckon it's not racist to say whites are more American than blacks because they came here voluntarily instead of having to be forced. Right?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I agree I don't think he said anything raciest, But the long before this country was founded thing hit me wrong, I think we became a nation in 1776 and I could be wrong but the civil war ended in 1865 which made all men equal, so I think he is putting the cart before the horse.

p22gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I really think it comes down to this, when you dislike someone as much as many of us dislike Obama, it is sometimes difficult to remain objective about that person. I found what he said to be off, but I also don't think that he is stupid and would outright say anthing racist. But some of the posts are true, he needs a teleprompter at all times and even then his "uh's" are ridiculous and numerous.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I agree I don't think he said anything raciest, But the long before this country was founded thing hit me wrong, I think we became a nation in 1776 and I could be wrong but the civil war ended in 1865 which made all men equal, so I think he is putting the cart before the horse.

I agree, he could not be a racist. He's just misunderstood.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I realize how much some of us really dislike him but like the others I don't see anything racist about this clip.

I could be wrong but the civil war ended in 1865 which made all men equal,

If you truly believe that all men have been treated equally in America since 1865 then you sir need a history lesson.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I realize how much some of us really dislike him but like the others I don't see anything racist about this clip.

If you truly believe that all men have been treated equally in America since 1865 then you sir need a history lesson.

And what's your point. Every race, or people have been taken advantage by others throughout the history of man.

Irish = English (1000 years) > Vikings > etc.
    Spanish = Romans > Moor's > etc.
    English = Romans > Normans (Vikings) > etc.
    Mexicans = Americans > Spanish > etc.
    African tribe against African tribe

Do you think history ends with America and our minorities.
    I am not in any way racist. Just tired of it.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    And they said President Bush said some stupid things? Wow, this was a big bunch of meaningless hogwash... completely devoid of substance.

Did anyone else think that the way they are walking looks really goofy? It's as though they're trying way too hard to look intellectual and thoughtful. (I can't stand fake casual.)

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    :rolleyes:I didn't hear anything racist at all. I often think that because our president is multiracial (the first) many try to look for a bias is his words and actions. Those who look so hard for any sign of bias in him are often the ones blind to the bias of our middle aged white male presidents (i.e. the rest of them) of the past.

I'd rather have issue with a president over what he does than what he says to Anderson Cooper. How many times did ole' GW stumble over himself like a flustered 4th grader in the spelling bee ?? I wouldn't sweat over this clip too much. I'll stop now before this turns into a bigger rant.

-PFC

Top Bottom