This is "Lady Justice". Not done modding yet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    not in Indiana you don't... the legal beagles will explain better than I but I don't think you can do a short barrelled SHOTGUN in IN... I'll let the NFA wizards around here explain for sure - but it's my understanding that chopping a shotty is a no go - even with a stamp...

Really I had not heard that. I guess you can always learn something new.

Gunfever1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    very sweet!!! i want to take that out and rip some **** up. and then probly need a shoulder replacement to fix the damage it does to me

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Is that a converted one, or a Tapco kit for the "sporting" factory setup?

Looks like the tapco for the sporting setup.

Like others have said I would get a micro red dot, and then I personally would do the full conversion. I like the looks better, and it makes the gun a little shorter. But nice gun either way. Can't wait to save up the money and buy one myself.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    If a short shotgun is a no no, can u explain a serbu super shorty?

Pistol?

if they sell it as a pistol w/o a stock it might not count as a shotty.

I think it is the same as ARs with tiny barrels that have no stock, just a buffer tube. Because the ARs are sold as pistols the short barrels are legal, now if you put a stock on the AR pistols then you need the stamp.

(at least that is how i understand it)

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    Pistol?

if they sell it as a pistol w/o a stock it might not count as a shotty.

I think it is the same as ARs with tiny barrels that have no stock, just a buffer tube. Because the ARs are sold as pistols the short barrels are legal, now if you put a stock on the AR pistols then you need the stamp.

(at least that is how i understand it)

That is correct. The Serbu is an AOW. Would not be legal with a stock. Though it seems wrong, it is not classified as a SBS since it has no stock. The AR's you see are pistols. If a stock is to be added you must do the Class 3 paperwork prior.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That is correct. The Serbu is an AOW. Would not be legal with a stock. Though it seems wrong, it is not classified as a SBS since it has no stock. The AR's you see are pistols. If a stock is to be added you must do the Class 3 paperwork prior.

The other catch is that the shotgun has to have been manufactured as a handgun in order to create an AOW. You can't just take any shotgun, cut it down and add a pistol grip.

Top Bottom