• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sadly, lowers were $100 give or take. The replacements are looking to run $200-225 when they arrive. I don't know that it will drop soon/ever either.

And that is what we call the free market.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I know, I was looking in forums the other night and all the stripped lowers were at $200 plus. I have given up on an AR until the frenzy dies down at some point, or the manufacturers catch up. Here is hoping either one happens before talk of a ban comes up.

Thank god the economy is doing so bad, that will be at least a year or so of keeping them busy I hope.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Here's to hoping that when production catches up with quantity that they do not sacrifice quality.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Here's to hoping that the market gets over saturated and people start off-loading when it's apparent there won't be a ban :D

:rockwoot:

Here's hoping Mickey Mouse and Goofy come dancing down the street holding hands and admitting they are in a gay relationship.

About as likely, I think.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's to hoping that the market gets over saturated and people start off-loading when it's apparent there won't be a ban :D

What makes you think there won't and what makes you think he won't try without Congressional approval. The Heller decision left the door wide open for incremental restrictions.

NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Friday, November 07, 2008 Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:
    "Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.
    "Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.
    "Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.
    "Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Here's hoping Mickey Mouse and Goofy come dancing down the street holding hands and admitting they are in a gay relationship.

About as likely, I think.

You missed that, already happened ;)

IMO prices will stabilize once the feeding frenzy is over unless Obama AWB's us w/o a grandfather clause. I've only got 2 hands so I have plenty and I'm not paying greedy blood suckers (individuals or corporations) more than the items are worth.
    If the Recession/Depression worsens, items will pop up for sale or I don't need to buy it :dunno:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The crazy part of the original post is that people were lining up to buy that bushy for $375.

My thoughts exactly, that had my attention too. I couldn't believe the action he was seeing out of that used lower at that price. Look what this election is doing to people even before inauguration.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Heck, there's worse:
    STAG AR-15 Lower Parts Kit -IN HAND-BNIB-HOT! HOT! : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com
    NOVESKE N4 RCVR AR-15 AR15 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

I'm waiting for after Christmas when the CC bils come due. I bet there's gonna be a pretty decent flood of mags, Lowers, and ammo hitting the market about mid january. Unless the market whips itself into another furry before the inauguration.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    ha ha, who's stupid?

Those prices are crazy! Maybe we are the stupid ones because we aren't selling our parts :)

I guess its like baseball card...people pay hundreds of dollars for worthless pieces of cardboard with baseball players on them. Of coure, everything's worth is based on what someone would pay for it.

I'm selling an AR next week on GB :)

Heck, there's worse:
    STAG AR-15 Lower Parts Kit -IN HAND-BNIB-HOT! HOT! : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com
    NOVESKE N4 RCVR AR-15 AR15 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

I'm waiting for after Christmas when the CC bils come due. I bet there's gonna be a pretty decent flood of mags, Lowers, and ammo hitting the market about mid january. Unless the market whips itself into another furry before the inauguration.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't think lowers could hope to hold at 200. I bought an extra a few months back for 99 bucks. If I see these selling at 200 with any regularity I'll sell mine for 200. I suspect prices will drop back down to the 100 range (or possibly less) with the market reaching saturation.

Other platforms (such as AK's) won't return to the level they were at. Imports vs domestic productions, imports have so many loop holes ect. ect. that the ATF under obama can hold them up for months or years while wholesalers go broke paying interest or a new ban is passed.

AR items are not the place to try and "make a profit". Too much is out there and too much is in the pipeline.

Top Bottom