• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Sad thing is, with just a little instruction, she could probably shoot it better than the yahoos she's with.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sad thing is, with just a little instruction, she could probably shoot it better than the yahoos she's with.
    I agree with that ^

This video seems to make the rounds every several months on various gun boards, but I've never found out if this was her first time shooting or if she'd just never shot anything high caliber.

Her stance sort of says "have shot, but not been taught well" and her arms and grip says "never shot anything with recoil"...

Either way, it was a crappy thing to do to someone - male OR female.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This reminds me of two things, first is a guy shooting a shotgun. I haven't been able to find the video, but the recoil flips the gun up and out of his grip and the front sight cracks the glass in what looks like a gun range door.

The second is a gun I remember reading about. He was all into cowboy shooting. But he had never shot anything before. He got his timing down to draw and shoot both his Ruger .44 Mag Single Action revolvers. He was FAST. Drawing both and firing. First time out the the range, he draws and fires from the hip. Breaks one wrist and sprains the other really bad. :lmfao:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    What bothers me is the fact that the pistol came completely around and was pointed at her face, even if just for a second.

Ever see the video of the guy shooting the .60 revolver?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SajB5NbBiM]YouTube - .60 cal recoil[/ame]

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Reminds me when I let my wife shoot my .45 Ruger. She had shot some but with low recoil weapons. I tried to instruct her the best I could, and told her that it had a lot of recoil. She fired it and it hit her glasses. Didn't hurt her but scared the hell out of her. I still think it was just too much weapon for her, not too much strength in her upper body/arms, etc. But, she did promise me she would never fire that pistol again, but she has fired the other pistol that we have, so no permanent fear at least.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What bothers me is the fact that the pistol came completely around and was pointed at her face, even if just for a second.

I didn't see that, and I watched it a couple times after I read this. It looked to me like it popped up when it hit her, but the barrel was pointed up, not at her. Also, I could be wrong, but it looked like the husband did the Barney Fife thing for her-one round loaded, so she couldn't accidentally or negligently pull the trigger twice and hurt someone.

I agree, though, this is not something you do to someone, even with the one guy warning her by discussing dislocating her shoulder.

Blessings,
    B

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This reminds me of two things, first is a guy shooting a shotgun. I haven't been able to find the video, but the recoil flips the gun up and out of his grip and the front sight cracks the glass in what looks like a gun range door.

I know what vid you are talking about and it is no shotgun. It is a .577 T-Rex, one of, if not THE hardest recoiling rifle out there. I can't blame the guy.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ah, the video I saw was just the one shot, with no description. Someone posted the video in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iscussion/6927-politically_incorrect_yes.html

Don't worry. That vid has been around the net for at least 5+ years with all sorts of discriptions attached to it (most of them wrong). My buddy and I used to visit the website of the range that those videos were taken in and have watched nearly all the clips they had (easily over 100). They have since made it so you have to join their forum to see them (ACCURATERELOADING.COM BTW).

Some poeple take it as that I am being a jerk (people don't like to be corrected), but I am just trying to set the record straight as I see sooooo many different stories attached to the videos, most of them trying to make fun of the shooters as being some sort of pansy that can't shoot. Sorry, but I doubt many of us would do much better shooting a .577 T-Rex.

As for the girl shooting the DE, that is the usual "hey wouldn't it be funny to see my girldfriend/wife/daughter get owned by a gun they aren't ready for" redneck crap that happens wayyy to often.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Don't worry. That vid has been around the net for at least 5+ years with all sorts of discriptions attached to it (most of them wrong). My buddy and I used to visit the website of the range that those videos were taken in and have watched nearly all the clips they had (easily over 100). They have since made it so you have to join their forum to see them (ACCURATERELOADING.COM BTW).

Some poeple take it as that I am being a jerk (people don't like to be corrected), but I am just trying to set the record straight as I see sooooo many different stories attached to the videos, most of them trying to make fun of the shooters as being some sort of pansy that can't shoot. Sorry, but I doubt many of us would do much better shooting a .577 T-Rex.

As for the girl shooting the DE, that is the usual "hey wouldn't it be funny to see my girldfriend/wife/daughter get owned by a gun they aren't ready for" redneck crap that happens wayyy to often.

Searching for .577 T-Rex, I cam across the Wiki entry with this:

"There has been an increased amount of interest in this cartridge due to its exposure in the many online video sites. The many videos are generally titled "massive recoil" and show many people firing a rifle in this caliber being thrown backwards and falling over due to the recoil produced. These videos have been criticized as featuring people uneducated in shooting large caliber rifles. At the end of one of the most popular videos, a man shoots a large black rifle with no ill effects. However, this rifle is misidentified and is not a .577 Tyrannosaur model, but rather a .700 Nitro Express built on a single-shot .50BMG action by the members of ACCURATERELOADING.COM.[2]"

Top Bottom