• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You need to step outside of your circles abit. There are FOR SURE, still people of that breed in this country. But its APPALLING how many more people are not.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    This country doesn't have that breed of people anymore.

I believe there are still people out there like this. In some form and fashion the people who are refusing to comply in CT are those people. They just have not come to firing the first shot....at least yet.

We must all pay attention to what happens there in CT as it may happen elsewhere without notice.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I am glad you guys think so, and I hope you are right, but I disagree. There aren't people out there who will risk EVERYTHING they have to change us back. A lot will talk, a lot will want to, but few ever will. We will just quietly (mostly) keep going down the road we are until what this country has become is unrecognizable as what it once was.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I am glad you guys think so, and I hope you are right, but I disagree. There aren't people out there who will risk EVERYTHING they have to change us back. A lot will talk, a lot will want to, but few ever will. We will just quietly (mostly) keep going down the road we are until what this country has become is unrecognizable as what it once was.
    People are usually afraid to be the first one to step out of line. Once someone does, things could snowball quickly. Who knows what would happen then, an armed march on the capital?

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It is my understanding that law enforcement officials take an oath to defend the constitution.
    Those that take that oath seriously will have some soul searching to complete. I certainly would NOT want to be one knocking on the doors, even if I believed in the state law.
    It would be interesting to see the retirement ratios to see if they spike this year.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The old saw, those that refuse to follow history are doomed to repeat it? Have they forgetten that the first shots in the Revolutionary War were fired next door in Lexington, Mass and then up to Concord N.H. as the British were there to disarm the militia and arrest Sam Adams and John Hancock. After which two Militia Commanders Ethan Allen up in the New Hampshire area and Benedict Arnold who was living in New Haven Connecticut took their troops and joined together to take Fort Ticonderoga from the British. These people live in what was the heart of the beginning of the American Revolution and they are trying to imitate the BRITISH???? Do they not see the irony here? And likely epic failure? You just can't make this shiite up.

Not quite right. Both battles Lexington and Concord, were in The Commonwealth. Rebels fell back to Concord where the asss whoopin' commenced.

Quote from some internet source:

"The first shots were fired just as the sun was rising at Lexington. The militia were outnumbered and fell back, and the regulars proceeded on to Concord, where they searched for the supplies. At the North Bridge in Concord, approximately 500 militiamen fought and defeated three companies of the King's troops. The outnumbered regulars fell back from the minutemen after a pitched battle in open territory."

Go Pats! :ingo::D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm glad you don't either Frank. Tell me if I'm wrong...in the military you can refuse to follow an unlawful order. I believe you have the same option right?

Well I was never in the military. But my department does have guidelines in place concerning unlawful orders. They aren't the most easy to understand, but they are there.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I don't like the thought of it, but I get the feeling that there are going to be quite a few CT officers in the ground if they try this, these people that are now deemed felons have nothing left to lose once the police show up for confiscation and may feel they have nothing else to lose since a felony is a life changer, making them desperate was not a wise choice. Then you have that breed of gun owner who is truly crazy and won't mind battling it out with officers. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, the lose of a life is a horrible thing. Even if it is a libtard. Unfortunately I don't see this playing out well at all.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It is my understanding that law enforcement officials take an oath to defend the constitution.
    Those that take that oath seriously will have some soul searching to complete. I certainly would NOT want to be one knocking on the doors, even if I believed in the state law.
    It would be interesting to see the retirement ratios to see if they spike this year.
    I am afraid that the officers will rationalize this just like the guy in the OP. "If the Supreme Court hasn't ruled it unconstitutional then it is a constitutional law". They WILL follow orders and they WILL confiscate if ordered to do so. There will be a few who will passively resist but not many.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I am afraid that the officers will rationalize this just like the guy in the OP. "If the Supreme Court hasn't ruled it unconstitutional then it is a constitutional law". They WILL follow orders and they WILL confiscate if ordered to do so. There will be a few who will passively resist but not many.

I have to agree with you.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't like the thought of it, but I get the feeling that there are going to be quite a few CT officers in the ground if they try this, these people that are now deemed felons have nothing left to lose once the police show up for confiscation and may feel they have nothing else to lose since a felony is a life changer, making them desperate was not a wise choice. Then you have that breed of gun owner who is truly crazy and won't mind battling it out with officers. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, the lose of a life is a horrible thing. Even if it is a libtard. Unfortunately I don't see this playing out well at all.
    Yep. If it ends with dead police officers there will be a massive movement for stricter gun control. We're in a bit of a catch 22 here. Don't resist lose your rights, resist lose your rights.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. If it ends with dead police officers there will be a massive movement for stricter gun control. We're in a bit of a catch 22 here. Don't resist lose your rights, resist lose your rights.

If you lose either way, you might as well fight and make the victory as costly as possible for the other side.

Top Bottom