This infraction thing is kind of ridiculous.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    So I decided I didn't want to sell a rifle anymore so I took the text and pics off and put a phrase that I'm deciding to keep. Well I wake up the next am and I have an "infraction". Why??? Because I simply forgot to officially "close" my thread. Now I can't post there or even update my other ad to sold. So I keep getting pm's and telling the people it's sold but I can't put sold on my ad. I know there needs to be rules but seriously!?!?!? This is a little harsh for something so petty.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    I didn't close the ad properly. I understand there needs to be rules. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think it's a little harsh. Says the infraction is active til feb 26th. That's a ways away.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You stocked up on food, water and ammunition to get you through the infraction period? If so, I wouldn't get all knotted up about it. It doesn't go on your driving record, your LTCH, etc.

The only way I know of to get it removed is to PM fenway several times every day until he removes it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't close the ad properly. I understand there needs to be rules. Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think it's a little harsh. Says the infraction is active til feb 26th. That's a ways away.

If you understand that there needs to be rules, then why are you complaining about enforcement? How do you feel they should be enforced? It sounds like you are upset that you got dinged for failing to follow them. If the mods pick and choose which violations to enforce, then you would be in here complaining that there was a double standard and that the rules needed to be enforced evenly. Instead of complaining about it, let's hear your solution.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    It just irks me because it was late at night and it was a mistake. I see people all the time say the most horrible things to other members and nothing gets done. It's like the cop ticketing a j walker while people are robbing a bank down the street. Whatever. I'm over it. Ill prolly get banned for life for even posting this, but I feel I have been a good member to this community. i have given and received advise here often. I have referred MANY people to this site in the 3 + years.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Again, I'm not seeing the problem here. You created a thread so that you could complain about the job that the volunteer mods do, and when you're questioned about it you bail, saying you're "over it"? Why don't you want to discuss solutions?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It just irks me because it was late at night and it was a mistake. I see people all the time say the most horrible things to other members and nothing gets done. It's like the cop ticketing a j walker while people are robbing a bank down the street. Whatever. I'm over it. Ill prolly get banned for life for even posting this, but I feel I have been a good member to this community. i have given and received advise here often. I have referred MANY people to this site in the 3 + years.
    Actually, stuff DOES get done. you just don't see it, or don't get to see the posts removed.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    Again, I'm not seeing the problem here. You created a thread so that you could complain about the job that the volunteer mods do, and when you're questioned about it you bail, saying you're "over it"? Why don't you want to discuss solutions?

Lets discuss.....

I think you're taking me a little out of context. It's simply a sarcastic rant sir. Im not saying I don't appreciate the people and volunteers here

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would have caught it in the morning. But I received the infraction within a couple hours
    But...but...nothing EVER gets done.

If someone reports a post, it goes into a queue. If it is not reported, it probably will not be seen. If you see stuff and people calling names, click on the red triangle under user avatar and type in why you are reporting it.

I have been known to type UGH!!!! in the report comment. ;)

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I've been spanked here for doing what was asked of me but not quite in the INGO way. I got over it. Kind of like getting your first negative feedback on EBay, it stings for a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom