This holster doesn't look safe to me - what say you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking about this very thing as I was typing my previous post, actually. Is/are holsters "consumable goods"? SHOULD they be? I guess if one has a holster like I've talked about above (kydex outer half affixed to leather) - then perhaps one should consider them to be consumable goods.

I think so. Cowhide holsters will eventually become unusable if they're used long enough, especially when sweat is part of the equation. Horsehide does a little better.

Kydex will develop cracks and fail over time when it flexes. Belt hooks, struts, etc. are more susceptible, which is why few people are using kydex for that purpose and using more rugged polymers (as you mentioned earlier).

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    All of these reasons are why I went with this:
    Q-Series Holster | Q-Series

only thing I don't like about it is how the clip sticks down (south of the barrel/frame, where the screws are). If they would have made the clip where the slide was, it would be way more comfortable. Sitting and doing lots of movement, it digs into your upper inner thigh.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went and looked at my stealth gear, and the area around the trigger isn't defined like the picture in the OP. Also, the kydex they use is easily two times thicker than crossbreed.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I don't really see what the problem would be. I mean people come in all shapes and sizes so if they trust then power to them as long as theyre safe

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    It looks a little sketchy, but I am sitting next to my stealth gear holster atm. No way I could pull the trigger if it was notched like that(it is not).

KANER88

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    indianapolis
    As with anything notice the prople who have never even tried them all say they "dont like them" and "would not buy them" yet all the people who have actual experience own multiple and swear by them. Probably shouldnt judge without experience. I happen to be one of the guys who own several and several of my friends are in the same boat. Hands down one of the best holsters made. I carry a 229 legion and 9mm shield which are opposite ends of the weight spectum in the same exact holster and they both work perfect. The $100-$150 price point is justified for its comfortability and functionality. Point blank i think you picked the wrong holster to pick on. You should look into the bianchi version of this that is 100% leather. Its half the price and would probably make YOU feel more comfortable.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    This concern looks like the reason that Alien Gear added a steel lining to their Cloak Tuck 3.0. The steel liner is basically between the bolted areas on each side of the plastic shell and the ends of the holster where the belt clips attach do not have the steel lining. This will keep the shape and stiffness where the gun sits, but the ends can flex more to fit around your hip.

Top Bottom