• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    By shooting hogs running through the woods probably!?

Actually, they put silhouette targets on cables, then have them pulled quickly through the woods with motors at full speed.
    No, I'm not pulling your leg here.
    After that, they work up to shooting at live game.
    They get to shoot more that way, and they're much better prepared to make ethical shots.

jbmayes2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Vincennes
    That was seriously a great watch. The ending might have even been the best part..how do you not shoot? **** I was getting nervous just watching the video!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I thought it was a Blaser, too.
    However, at the beginning of the video, it explains that he used two rifles.
    The first was a Merkel Helix Custom chambered in 7x64.
    The second was a Merkel Helix Explorer chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum.
    I've barely heard of Merkel, but you can bet they're very expensive.
    We both know how expensive a Blaser can get, though.

FYI - The Merkel Helix is a straight pull bolt action, which is why the shooter is so fast and smooth. I handled their new "Wild Boar" version at the SHOT Show and it is by far the smoothest and fastest straight pull bolt action I have ever felt, I absolutely loved it. If I were going to drop big money on a dedicated "hunting type" bolt action rifle, some version of the Merkel Helix would be my choice. The user can quickly and easily change calibers by switching out the barrel (plus bolt head and magazine, if needed), all without tools. Since I like both straight pulls (I have a good collection of straight pull military rifles) and switch barrel guns, this thing is pretty much a perfect match for my tastes. The only downside is that prices start at about $3,500 (plus $1,250 for extra barrels) and when I start thinking of spending that kind of money, my lusts have always lead me to NFA stuff (both new and old)...although a Sabatti double rifle came close to snagging my money once.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    FYI - The Merkel Helix is a straight pull bolt action, which is why the shooter is so fast and smooth. I handled their new "Wild Boar" version at the SHOT Show and it is by far the smoothest and fastest straight pull bolt action I have ever felt, I absolutely loved it. If I were going to drop big money on a dedicated "hunting type" bolt action rifle, some version of the Merkel Helix would be my choice. The user can quickly and easily change calibers by switching out the barrel (plus bolt head and magazine, if needed), all without tools. Since I like both straight pulls (I have a good collection of straight pull military rifles) and switch barrel guns, this thing is pretty much a perfect match for my tastes. The only downside is that prices start at about $3,500 (plus $1,250 for extra barrels) and when I start thinking of spending that kind of money, my lusts have always lead me to NFA stuff (both new and old)...although a Sabatti double rifle came close to snagging my money once.

Yep
    It's in the same function (switchable calibers) and price category as the Blaser.
    Seeing the Merkel in the hands of this master marksman reminds me of what I think when I see David Gilmour with his famous "Black Strat": In his hands, that guitar can soar, but in my hands, it would sound like mice running across piano strings.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There will be bacon.

Also, after seeing that dude shoot and kill, this rhino would haul a** just like the bears did if he growled at me!

Top Bottom