• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co

perfect evening, cool and no wind. at 6:30 for some reason it sounded as if every squirrel in the woods was barkin at the same time. only took bout an hour to limit out.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    they will go in crock pot. wish i knew how to make squirrel gravy but im better at shootin,em than cookin,em. in fact i stink in the kitchen.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    they will go in crock pot. wish i knew how to make squirrel gravy but im better at shootin,em than cookin,em. in fact i stink in the kitchen.

15 minutes in a pressure cooker at 10 lbs of pressure. Then dip in beaten egg then corn meal and a little flour with some ms dash and sear in some hot oil til the coating browns a bit.

Mmmmmmmmm-mm!

For gravy, take some of the stock you boiled the pieces in and get it simmering. And some milk that you've whisked some all purpose flour into. Stir til it thickens up. Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    What .22 do you have in the background and were they all cutting on hickory? Haven't been out yet but hope to the next couple weekends. Thats good eating there.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    What .22 do you have in the background and were they all cutting on hickory? Haven't been out yet but hope to the next couple weekends. Thats good eating there.
    winchester mod 74. still cutting hickory, some of the early maturing trees are cut out. still plenty until the windy days come and put the mast on the ground

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Our hickory tree in the back yard is out! It looks like I mulched the base of the tree though.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    Most of my Hickory trees are eaten out. Just a few nuts remaining on younger trees. Walked out in the woods last night and it sounded like it was raining under several trees. Looks like they are eager to fatten up for an early winter or bad winter. Saw several on the ground already - hiding nuts. Could have limited out quickly but chose to wait for a pesky coyote that never showed. Good shooting.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    The Winchester 74 is a fine rifle. My father left me his pre-WWII model and I have shot many a bushytail with it, back when I had more time to small game hunt. Nice photo and it looks like your rifle is in great shape.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    The Winchester 74 is a fine rifle. My father left me his pre-WWII model and I have shot many a bushytail with it, back when I had more time to small game hunt. Nice photo and it looks like your rifle is in great shape.
    my grandad bought it for my dads 16th birthday 1947 been mine since 69. i redone the stock an had the barrel reblued in 1980. barrel is gettin a little rough from spider webs from the woods. they have an acid effect or something. some of the 74's shot shorts.

Top Bottom