• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    well have gone through several guns and personal changes, sold off my m11 and other title 1 guns for a colt m16, now it looks like with me building a house I should sell the M16 but still want a MG and want to try and trade for an UZi plus cash.

Should I look for a Mini Uzi or stick with the cheaper easier to find Full size Uzi.

Thoughts.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i just sold my full size uzi.... i found it kinda boring so with that i would go for a mini... i have only held them never shot one. but i like my mac-10 so i think i would like the high ROF :)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    well have gone through several guns and personal changes, sold off my m11 and other title 1 guns for a colt m16, now it looks like with me building a house I should sell the M16 but still want a MG and want to try and trade for an UZi plus cash.

Should I look for a Mini Uzi or stick with the cheaper easier to find Full size Uzi.

Thoughts.

Wait, didn't you just buy that M16? Are you bored of it already, or just really need the money? Given how versatile the the M16 is and where prices are going for them, if it were me, I'd try to come up with the $10k or so price difference (or even less, given how high Uzi prices have gone) some other way. I think in the long run, the M16 is worth holding on to.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Lets see. The M16 is worth maybe $20K, more or less depending on whether it is a Colt original.

Your M16 is expected to appreciate at 10%/year so you stand to gain $2K/yr in value of you keep it.

Home mortgage rate of about 4%. Sell the M16 and get a lower mortgage and save $800/yr

No brainer.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Lets see. The M16 is worth maybe $20K, more or less depending on whether it is a Colt original.

Your M16 is expected to appreciate at 10%/year so you stand to gain $2K/yr in value of you keep it.

Home mortgage rate of about 4%. Sell the M16 and get a lower mortgage and save $800/yr

No brainer.

Wait, wouldn't your math say he gains an additional $1200 a year if he keeps the M16 over selling it? Sounds like keeping it would be the no-brainer. :dunno:

Though, I guess there is always the possibility of the Hughes Amendment getting overturned, in which case the M16 drops to below $2k in total value (maybe a lot more). So, it is risky when your investments are based on arbitrary government regulation that can change.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As an owner of both the M16 and Uzi I'd say there's no way I'd pic the Uzi between the two. If you're forced to sell it, but still have enough left to buy an Uzi, I'd look for a cheaper M16 conversion. You can pick up a converted Sendra, Colt or Oly for $14-15k. That's only a few thousand more than Uzi's are going for and you'll have a way better platform.

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Not bored at all just with everything else going on could use the cash but still want another MG and got my eye on a mini uzi

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Plus with the deal I got on the m16 and prices going up on colts lately could end up a decent deal for me

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Wait, wouldn't your math say he gains an additional $1200 a year if he keeps the M16 over selling it? Sounds like keeping it would be the no-brainer.
    :dunno:

Though, I guess there is always the possibility of the Hughes Amendment getting overturned, in which case the M16 drops to below $2k in total value (maybe a lot more). So, it is risky when your investments are based on arbitrary government regulation that can change.

We do agree. I forgot the question mark at the end and it ruined the meaning of the post.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom