• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Simple answer, DO IT! Love me some SKS! Just do yourself a favor and stay away from duckbill 30 round mags. The box magazine will work flawlessly, the mags not so much.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Get one. You will like it. As reliable as an AK, but a little more accurate.

If you end up going with the larger 20 rnd mags, 922r will come into play, so you will have to change a few other parts on it to be completely legal.

In my experience, the Tapco mags are the only ones that reliably feed, so stick with them if you do go that route.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    And here I thought I was the only one that felt that way. :):

SKS's are a ton of fun, I had one, it was actually the first gun I ever bought myself, but I couldnt hit a 5 gallon bucket at 30 yds with it. It had the dragunov stock on it though with a cheap scope and all sorts of "tacticool" accessorys. I wish I'd kept it now, but I was too young to consider the the scope was probably my reason for the innaccuracy. If I still had it I'd ditch all the crap and go back to the wood stock.

They're cheap enough that its worth giving it a shot. You should get one.

I had this same problem and it was because the spent cases were coming up and hitting my scope when they got ejected and actually messing up the zero. It was a cheap scope and I have since gotten rid of it and went back to iron sights.

I love my SKS, it is in need of repair however because it will fire multiple rounds at times with one trigger pull. Take the advice here and stick to the 10 rd factory mag and you will not have an issue there. My after market mags don't feed right.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I have a norinco and its a blast to shoot.Will eat any ammo I run through it and it pretty accurate. I like the stock mag better than aftermarket 30 rounder that came with it. Just doesnt look right with it hanging out of the bottom.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    GET IT!!

Are they reliable? Absolutely
    Are they accurate? enough for 300 yards or less
    Are they worth getting? HELL YES!!
    Whats the best? Worst?
    I have Romanian and I like it. I would say get with a chrome lined barrel if possible just for ease of cleaning. All will work.

I like mine FAR better than any 7.62 AK I've tried. I also hit much better with it.

Hkdude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    S.E. Michigan
    You could get both an ak and an sks.......combine the two so to speak and try out a norinco sks-m or d. They're a Chinese sks that accepts ak mags kinda like having a milled ak for a lot less.

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a couple, a Norinco and a Yugo, they are both great shooters. I like them just the way they were made, without any add ons. Get one, you will not be sorry.

Dave

Top Bottom