• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Thinking about selling my new spr build. I dont have the bank roll to put decent glass on it so i was considering selling it to do a 5.45 build. The ammo is dirt cheap and that means more shooting and maybe some rifle classes this summer! What do you guys thinl?. Its a great spr build using very good parts nothing cheap!

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Is your rifle a Mark 12 Mod 0/1 clone or just a nice accurate AR? The SPR moniker gets thrown around kinda haphazardly, as I'm sure y'all know. Good irons or even a cheap scope would get you through the lean times but if you have a Mark 12 and are dead set on parting company with it, I'd like to see it.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Theyve been saying that about surplus ammo in general for years. 5.56 isnt goin to be down low for another year. Until then buy 1 case a month every month this year. 1080x12... Alotta rounds.. ive got an ak47 im about to finish also. Building another spr isnt hard infact it was rather boring and easy lol. Ive got about 5 ar lowers ready for upper too lol.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Not a mark series im afraid lol. Ya spr is thrown around quite a bit. I guess a DMR maybe? Ill try and get good pics here in a few. Ive got different stocks for it also.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm building a mk12 mod0 now and it's a pricey project! Haven't found the right glass yet. I was gonna try and be a cheap i on the glass but now I realize that would be stupid. Once I find the one I like I'll be hitting up AAoptics

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Ya trigger that stuff is getting harder to find since they called it quits on the spr. Give me 20 mins to write up my parts list and pics. Im making dinnet and typing

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Put some irons on it while you save and see how good you can get with irons. That's MY plan.

Mine too. I am going to put a carry handle on mine and the barrel I ordered will have a FSB on it. I may try one of those crazy high power matches or an Appleseed with it.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Daniel defense 1:7 twist 18" S2W barrel
    Ares armor adjustable flash hider
    Yenkee hill rifle length forend
    Matrix aero space upper
    Lewis machine & tool f/a bolt carrier
    Bravo company mod 4 charging handle
    Tactical innovations lower
    Cmmg smoothed out lpk. Pull is nice smooth amd clean
    Harris bi pod.
    And either a rifle length buffer tube a magpul moe stock
    Or a 6 pos adj carbine stock with a mako group stock with adj cheek weld.

Some of the parts i have listed are not on the rifle their on another rifle or in my safe. Im asking 1200 with a couple pmags thrown in

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    It looks good. Not sure it qualifies as SPR though.

FWIW, I've been looking at building either an MK12, MK18, Spike's Compressor pistol, or a 16 inch Spike's Compressor clone just for fun.

If you already have 5 lowers ready for uppers, try selling a couple of them to fund the glass. Or shoot irons. :D

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    This is my current "SPR" build. The lower is a Seekins Precision with an RRA National Match trigger setup that's about as smooth as any lower I've ever handled. The upper is a collection of parts I had lying around. Upper receiver is a BAFE (used by Colt, DPMS, and others) with a Midwest Industries "swan sleeve" type forend. It's sporting a 16" M4 barrel in this pic but will be fitted with a 20" HBAR by this weekend. It's an ongoing dog and pony show, but the lower will eventually be mated to a PRI Mark 12 Mod 0 upper and, more than likely, a Leupold Mark 4. I post this pic, which was taken about thirty minutes ago, to draw attention to the optic mounted on it right now. That's a Tasco 3x9 I pulled from a trade rifle that probably cost about $75 brand new! It works great within its limitations and allows me to shoot the rifle now with fine accuracy, but I'd sure hate to take a hostage recovery shot with it. The Mark 4? Not so much of an issue...

IMG_0649_zpse4f6a992.jpg

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    The lowers stephen are all 80% lowers lol that are done. I can sell the rifle build another rifle buy a few parts and a jig and finish another. Sell 1 build 2.

Top Bottom