• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    pd3.jpg

Here is my SD9VE. It is equipped with a tactical light and lives in my big red tactical toolbox in my garage. I've put several hundred rounds through it, and I have never had an issue with it. The tactical light works fine and has constant beam and strobe functions. I think I got the light in a box of Cocoa Pebbles, but I don't really remember.

PD2.jpg

My SD9 is also equipped with tactical Ameriglo I-Dot night sights and a tactical nuclear warning slide plate for enhanced operation during garage recon patrols.

pd1.jpg

Here is a prairie dog that I took while on a hunting trip in Smyrna, GA. Popped him with a 124 grain Black Talon at about 75 yards. Took me 3 shots, as the first 2 glanced off of the windshield of the Kia Soul that he was driving.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    :blahblah:

I said that there is not a world of difference. And there is not. If you can shoot well with a Glock, but can't hit anything with an SD9 or a Ruger 9E because of the trigger, then you are simply not a good shot. The trigger on my G21 is a bit different than my M&Ps. In fact, my M&Ps are a smidge different from each other. And it doesn't amount to an ant fart of difference when it comes to shooting them well.

I imagine that you are like my friend that just bought a Sig P229 Legion in 9mm. He goes on and on about the trigger on it. I handled it, and it does have a nice single action trigger. The DA trigger sucks, just like all Sigs that I've handled. It came with a coin. (LOL) I asked him to let me know the next time he goes shooting so that I can try it out. We go shooting together every once in a while, but I know he's dreading this next outing. You know why? Because I will shoot circles around him with my Ruger 9E. I've done it before with his P227. He just shakes his head. To really mess with him, I might even drop the $150 for a Hi-Point before we go shooting next time. I'll get a .40 for more recoil, just to make it somewhat fair.

Funny thing about my sub-par SD9VE. I don't have any brass-to-face problems with it, no weak ejection issues, and the slide has never fallen off while shooting. :cool:

Still waiting on your valuable input on that restaurant that you've never been to. Make it a steak house. You can review the fish if you'd like. :):

Pride of ownership can be a bad thing especially when it comes to guns. I had a couple xd's back in the day and quickly realized I'd made the wrong choice and never looked back. Rock on with your sub-par Glock wannabes. I'd try to buy them all if I were you.

I love it when Glock haters can't help but try and spread their hate and it's even better when they're praising a gun that was made to be like a Glock in every possible legal way.

M&P 9's can be had new for less than $400. I just saw it today at Classic Firearms.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The Smegma! What a waste of R&D funds!

I don't think they wasted any R&D funds on the Sigma (not the SD's as other folks also indicated) besides buying a Glock and taking it apart and maybe taking some pictures
    . Now legal funds fighting patent infringement, etc, that was a different aspect.

That said, the S&W M&P line has come on very strong and they are doing some good things with those.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I also have a Glock 21 and several M&Ps. Truth be told, there is not a world of difference between the platforms.

I look forward to your review of a restaurant that you've never been to. :):

Pride of ownership can be a bad thing especially when it comes to guns......I love it when Glock haters can't help but try and spread their hate and it's even better when they're praising a gun that was made to be like a Glock in every possible legal way.

M&P 9's can be had new for less than $400. I just saw it today at Classic Firearms.

Glock hater? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it? This is my nightstand gun.

G21.jpg

OP is clearly looking for a truck gun between $200 - $300, and your response is "hurr-durr, M&Ps are $400." :):

If pride of ownership is such a bad thing, then why are you whining about Glock haters "spreading hate?" :rolleyes: :):

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Glock hater? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it? This is my nightstand gun.

G21.jpg

OP is clearly looking for a truck gun between $200 - $300, and your response is "hurr-durr, M&Ps are $400." :):

If pride of ownership is such a bad thing, then why are you whining about Glock haters "spreading hate?" :rolleyes: :):

Enjoy your sub par guns with HUNDREDS of rounds through them. They and you are clearly the master of all things firearms.

Last edited:

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    +1 to OP request to buying one. Buy one. I carry mine every day and keep it locked in car while at work. Comes back to me at end of shift for drive home. Price: Great. Looks: Great to me, I like 2 tone. Function: Great, way north of thousand rounds through mine with no FTF, FTE. I use my own handloads, factory defense loads and any cheap ammo, they all run. I have keyholed with this at 7 yards, and ran my first defensive HG class with it without any issues. Ergonomics: To me, way better than Glock. Mag release and slide stop more suitable for my small hands. Trigger: pretty bad, but a non issue to me. Found the M&P 1.0 triggers just as mushy and crap reset. If you want Smith's better trigger, go 2.0. Upgrades: Apex sells kit for this but reviews indicate not much better. Both trigger pieces part cost alone merits buying higher end gun (like 2.0).
    Sights: Mine wears Ameriglo I Dot at Route 45's suggestion and I love it. Instructor used my target as example in gun handling class so I felt my cheap gun pride then.
    Also, the grip is tough, kind of chewy at times, so I use "Ranger bands" for that and def improves grip when wet. Maintenance:
    Simple take down and clean.

Philosophy on it being too cheap: I'm never going to be part of the school that touts spending the most money. Get the job done first. If it does the job and adds objective value that can be documented, then for a bargain price, you have something extra (Smith calls this "Value Enhanced", hence SD9VE). Further, if you would like to demonstrate or justify (maybe rationalize) an increase in performance attributable to the increased expense, great. Cheap or expensive, they both hit the spot they're supposed to under stress. That said I also crave some high dollar (and slightly more accurate perhaps) firearms but follow above precept...
    I've seen shooters with cheap guns outshoot shooters with expensive ones and I've seen determined, trained amateurs outrace pros too.

Purpose: You want a "truck gun"? Get this one. It is an outstanding bargain gun that does the job (the SD stands for self defense). The added value is realized by proper technique and training, not by the size of your wallet. I'd be pissed if anyone took mine. Would I prefer an M&P 2.0, HK or a Sig? Sure! Do I need one for what you mention? Nope!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom