• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's odd. I don't have a CZ, and I had not heard of the aforementioned problems.
    I do have a CZ clone though, and it's chambered in .40S&W. It is a steel framed, full-size IWI "Baby Eagle" and I've not had the first issue with feeding problems.

The only problem I have is keeping enough ammo to keep it fed.

A little reading on czforums and you will hear of it. The RAMI P was dropped due to frame swelling issues. Similar problems along with cracking and reliability issues with early P-07s. There for awhile CZ couldn't build a pistol in 40 and have it run right. All of which has been fixed now though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's at a gun show and he feels the need to show off the gun he's carrying? :facepalm:

This is why promoters don't want loaded guns.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Because it's a toy, rather than a tool to him. The concept of someone just owning a gun still baffles me. Had a guy come out to our range that didn't know how to eject the magazine from his pistol, let alone close the slide, "what's the flipper thing for?" and so on. I asked him if he had even read the manual for his weapon. He said, nope, nor on my car neither. I then talked to him about how reckless that can be, that firearms aren't toys, they are VERY dangerous tools that a lack of knowledge about their workings or manual of arms can get you or someone you know killed. Deer in headlight look.

If we as SHOOTERS (not just gun owners) can educate at least one person on how a firearm is a powerful RESPONSIBILITY, rather than just a hobby, a conversation piece, yet another one-ups-man-ship contest piece at your local watering hole, or (sorry, but there's an element of truth) compensation, then we might have less ND and AD in this world. A healthy respect for firearms can turn a person into Johnny Huckle-yuck into a professional shooter.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Huh! Sounds like someone who gets their jollies simply by carrying, while assuming they will never actually draw it. More likely to freeze up before actually drawing. I'm not sure therapy will help with that, either.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Sounds like he just wanted to look cool by carrying. I hope he never has to use it, and if he does, I hope he gets really lucky and it actually works for him.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    This reminds me of when I was a firefighter. About 30 years ago our local PD still carried revolvers. One of the officers came out to the firehouse to BS. He had a new S&W 9mm, 59 or 5906 I think. I told him I just read an article (by Massad Ayoob) about how cops liked the S&W because if someone tried to take the officer's gun, he could drop the mag and not get shot due to the mag safety. The cop replied, my gun has that? So, ignorance of firearms extends to those that should have a greater knowledge than most.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I told him I just read an article (by Massad Ayoob) about how cops liked the S&W because if someone tried to take the officer's gun, he could drop the mag and not get shot due to the mag safety.

I have to wonder if any department actually taught that. I want so badly to say no, but there's plenty of ridiculous stuff that floats around over the years.

implied-facepalm-jpg.424589

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have to wonder if any department actually taught that. I want so badly to say no, but there's plenty of ridiculous stuff that floats around over the years.

implied-facepalm-jpg.424589

Several years ago Terre Haute PD taught that when they used S&W 5906's. It is actually credited in saving the life of one Officer back in the early 1990's. They were arresting a guy at the north side Poffs sorting goods (on Layfayette) when they had 2 stores. A struggle/fight happened the Officer ended up on his back and in the melee thug started to get his gun. officer kept remembering the mag safety feature drilled into them by their instructors. Thug I believe shot one round off sometime during the fight then the Officer got the mag out and struggled a few more moments until help arrived.

This was relayed to me by a THPD firearms instructor that was in my guard unit. FWIW

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think the guy at the gun show simply knows that CZs are so awesome that they don't need to shoot to protect. There is a force field that surrounds anyone carrying a CZ and it make them just as awesome. He wasn't wearing Jedi robes was he?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom