• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    This is not our fight. As an American, I would be supremely incensed to let government use my tax dollars in any fashion either to support or to suppress this malcontentedness. I don't care who wins, how it turns out, or who the victor finally is - if ever one may be declared - I have no dog in this fight and firmly expect more neutrality out of my government than it is prone: Viet Nam, Soviet-Afghanistan War aiding the mujahideen & al Qaeda, Gulf War I, the Balkans, Gulf War II, Afghanistan, Libyan intervention, Syrian intervention - what is the self-defense or even self-interest that justifies sending our men into harm?

I respect our troops who serve more than words can express. I loathe the governmental intervention that put them in harm's way - with no direct benefit to us - just as much. If we are to ask our brave men of the armed forces to sacrifice their well-being, as well as health physical, emotional, and mental - as well as limb and life, then in my opinion, we better have a damn good reason for putting them in harm's way. None of this nation-building. None of this ousting of leaders our trade partners find unpalatable. None of this refereeing of foreign disputes. None of our recent wars even comes close to matching the criterion of true self-defense or even self-interest.

Tens upon tens of thousands of the bravest of Americans - who served and have served their country nobly and honorably - obeyed and have obeyed the order to deploy and engage, and sacrificed and have sacrificed all that comes with following the order into battle. I see people like Brian Kolfage returning home without three of his limbs, never once complaining, and I look at the hellhole that Iraq has devolved back into in the absence of the man our troops risked life and limb to topple, and I am deeply ashamed that I let my government put Brian Kolfage and tens of thousands of soldiers just like him into harm's way with no direct benefit to us. This man asks for no apology and no apology is great enough to give him back his legs or his right arm. This man answered the call of duty and we let him down. We continue to let our veterans down. The Deparment of Veterans Affairs is a joke: 'thanks for fighting for us, but now that you're back and you've done your duty and you've spilt blood for your country, sorry, there's next to nothing we can do for you.' Unacceptable. To further compound this treason toward our soldiers, their pay is subject to the whims of 535 tyrants who choose to deny or grant cost-of-living-adjustments ad hoc.

Upon returning - if alive to return - our laws let our fellow countrymen denigrate them and their service and their sacrifice - imagine MacArthur or Patton being ridiculed! - but somehow people are allowed to make fun of soldiers as upright and bold and courageous as Brian Kolfage, who gets inundated with idiotic taunts from people on a daily basis, people too cowardly to do what he has done, people not worth in their entire being even a fraction of the man that Senior Airman Kolfage is, and that the thousands upon thousands of personnel like him are. They are the best of America, and the best of Americans. We have failed our military despite not our military ever failing us not even once. Even when our nation has no skin in the game in question, at the order of the Commander-in-Chief (formerly the Congress with a written declaration of war), they answer the call, expecting nothing in return except wise and judicious utilization. While the Bill Clintons and George Bushes and Barack Obamas get to sit comfortably with all the accoutrements of luxury, our military is dispatched to bake in hot environments, shiver in cold, and to subsist on d-fac "cuisine" and MREs. This has never sat right with me.

No, I very much want us to sit this one out, as I would have our personnel sit out every single fight that does not directly involve us or our security. To have someone volunteer to risk everything on behalf of the nation he loves is the greatest possible sacrifice. I wish our government and our people would stop treating those noble sacrifices as one might treat pawns in chess. One death of an American soldier because government sent them to unnecessary conflict in my name is one death too much. I am willing to let the people of the Ukraine decide their own fate much as I expect the rest of the world to let America decide its own fate. I would let Yugoslavia - what was Yugoslavia - decide its own fate. I would let the people of Iraq and Afghanistan decide their own fate. Why must we continue to squander lives and treasure in fights that are not ours? I would have us preserve and cherish the sacrifices given by our soldiers by not putting them in harm's way unless absolutely necessary.

I am not willing to look another member of our military in the eyes and ask them to sacrifice their entire selves in order that a foreign nation can have a calm upcoming election.

I give thanks all who served or have served - who have my utmost gratitude for making the sacrifices that lesser men would not sacrifice.

I will pray for the righteous in Ukraine, but I would not have my government intervene.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    UPDATE: Ukrainian parliament votes to approve moves to revert to 2004 constitution, stripping president of some powers

Wow. How much trouble would we have to stir up to get our .gov just to adhere to our current Constitution?:popcorn:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    rtx193ob.jpg

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Video of protestors being shot by "snipers".
    WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT:

Ukraine - Government Snipers Shooting protesters in Kiev - YouTube

This is a government killing its people because they demand basic freedoms and rights stolen from them by the government in 2010. I think it should be required viewing for anyone who wishes to depend upon the state for their well being. This is the harvest your submission to state control can be expected to reap.

All news coming out of Ukraine this morning seems to indicate President Viktor Yanukovych has fled Kiev and moved to Kharkhiv, which appears to be less than twenty miles from the Russian border. Protesters have reportedly seized all government buildings in Kiev and have secured them under guard to prevent looting and vandalism. Police forces are abandoning their posts and joining with the protestors...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Somewhere in Moscow there is a bar catering to retired KGB guys who are sitting around drinking their vodka and reminiscing about the good old days of Hungary and Czechoslovakia when you just drove tanks through the crowd and put the whole country in jail.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For those of you with lines of communication to the Ukraine:

Any word about "golden dawn" type nationalist groups in the mix? This looks like their kind of party.

I do not know about that but a regular here at the shop is from Kiev (and can see the building he grew up in while watching live)....He has shared a little. He is keeping contact with his cousins in the street...I do not know about "The Golden Dawn" but he did say "real" weapons are being gotten to the people and that a couple of armories have been "liberated" and the weapons dispersed and he had not seen that information on any of the news shows but he trusts the source.

I know this...He is very proud of his people and I am too.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Some people speculate that the U.S. has been involved in this since the beginning. Hard to know for sure.

Regardless, we should have stayed out and I'm glad we didn't put our people in harm's way fighting so that they could have a nice, calm upcoming election.

Just read on Breitbart that Tymoshenko mentions the people excising Yanukovich like a 'cancer'. That's always promising to me personally, when the person just coming into power refers to the former political opposition as 'cancer'. Always a harbinger of good things to come.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Regardless, we should have stayed out and I'm glad we didn't put our people in harm's way fighting so that they could have a nice, calm upcoming election.

Just read on Breitbart that Tymoshenko mentions the people excising Yanukovich like a 'cancer'. That's always promising to me personally, when the person just coming into power refers to the former political opposition as 'cancer'. Always a harbinger of good things to come.
    Could be because the cancerous ****head had her thrown in a prison as soon as he came into power. Guess she doesn't have the right to be pissed off at him.

bogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Munster
    Top Bottom