• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    This is from a post on Armslist for a Ravan 25 auto. Who would a thunk?

For sale used Raven Arms MP-25 small handgun in .25 auto. Holds 6+1 rounds. All black.
    Weight only 15 oz. overall length 4.5", 3" tall, 7/8" wide. The slimmest gun you can buy.
    Double safety, voted as the best compact and inexpensive handgun ever produced.
    Made in the USA from quality steel, full metal frame and slider. Not like today's small cheap alloy or plastic guns that can explode in your hand on the first shot.
    Fixed barrel (length 2 3/8"), good for mounting silencer, not that you need one.
    This is very good quality personal defense, or backup, easy to carry and conceal handgun. Perfect for ankle holster, any pocket, purse or just any place. It fits in small size hand perfect. Ideal for women, or young people with tight clothing.
    Very easy to disassemble and clean, very simple construction with only few moving parts.
    Handgun is in good condition with some wear signs, its very accurate and had less than 300 rounds trough it. Its been functioning flawlessly, without any problems. I have several of this guns and I enjoy shooting them because of literally no recoil and excellent accuracy on 25 yards.
    Caliber .25 with hallow point personal defense rounds, its the way to go if your are concern about the size, weight and easy concealing. I own several full size handguns and they all weight around or over 2.5 lbs with the full 15 rounds magazine. After a wile becomes big burden and very unpleasant to carry such a bulky, heavy, and very hard to conceal gun. One that I always enjoy to carry is this one, you don't even feel it.

Online research:
    "In CT, there have been six self-defense shootings employing the MP-25 over the last 20 years. All six have been fatal for the attacker. At 100% fatality rate, this weapon exceeds both the .45ACP and .357 magnum for lethality. Obviously the sample is too small to draw any real conclusions, but it is important to note that 6 rounds of .25 at close range means a lot of blood lost for the bad guy."
    With today's technology boom in ammunition evolution, one modern self defense .25 bullet can make a lot of damage.
    Gun Review: Raven MP-25 Semi-automatic pistol
    "Raven MP-25 has a tumultuous history and remains a controversial piece of the American firearms scene. It was designed by the famous George Jennings, and is the original, quintessential, “Saturday night special.” Reviled by journalists and anti-crime activists for its extreme popularity with criminals, this weapon suffered a smear campaign unrivaled until the concept of the “scary black rifle” reared its ugly head in the nineties. While it is true that criminals employed this weapon heavily through the seventies (count how many you see in the movies “Dolemite” or “Black Caesar”), it was the same things that attracted the weapon to criminals that attracted it to everyone else. For twenty years, this pocket stinger ruled the streets of Miami, Memphis, and Harlem. It was designed to be small, light and disposable. In the end, like any weapon, it has good points and bad, and the end user must ultimately make the decision for their own reasons...
    This weapon only had one competitor in its class when it came out: the Colt .38 Detective special. In the sixties, the snub-nosed .38 ruled the concealed weapon scene. Small, comparatively powerful, and reliable, every cop had one on the ankle and every detective had one on the hip. When the MP-25 hit, you now had access to a weapon that could shoot seven rounds and then reload in the blink of an eye. Like all detachable magazine automatics, reloading is as simple as dropping the mag, and sliding in another. It was way faster than wrestling a speed-loader into a revolver, or worse, feeding individual rounds into the cylinder..."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Double safety, voted as the best compact and inexpensive handgun ever produced.
    Made in the USA from quality steel, full metal frame and slider. Not like today's small cheap alloy or plastic guns that can explode in your hand on the first shot.

I voted for Jiminez, but we only came in second... Yeah, this is true quality unlike those nasty Glocks.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Gee, you didn't post the price. I have got to have it!!!

And I thought I was safe having an SW 9mm as a carry gun, guess I have been doing it all wrong???:D

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Gee, you didn't post the price. I have got to have it!!!

And I thought I was safe having an SW 9mm as a carry gun, guess I have been doing it all wrong???:D

Man are you ever lucky didn't you read, "Made in the USA from quality steel, full metal frame and slider. Not like today's small cheap alloy or plastic guns that can explode in your hand on the first shot."

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    "excellent accuracy on 25 yards."
    Wonder what that means? You can hit a car, a person, or a bulls-eye?
    I have a 25 Mauser that an uncle returned from WWII with. Nice little pocket gun but definitely not accurate. It does make a nice family heirloom with the story, holster, and original German take down manual.

Top Bottom