• ...and so much more!
  • Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Arrrrrrrr!?

But seriously, if I see someone (BUCK) creeping around peaceful folks that have no way to protect their lives and property, I'm kind of obligated to stop the creep. Do you know what I mean BUCKY?.

coons and possums are really greasey, got to boil them before you bake them. doga will give really bad body odor, and well cats..........just taste like chicken. Just joking .....Don't treat me like BUCKY

Please don’t confuse me with members that have similar names.

(the real)
    Bucky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    what is the best way to preserve meat without a dehydrator. or i guess i should say how do u smoke it?

Smoking is done through indirect heat - flames are lit through a flavored wood (hickory, mesquite, walnut, whatever you prefer) and is lit aflame and the meat is set horizontally-offset from the flame - at no point should smoked meat ever come into contact with flame. The smoke from the burning wood will infiltrate the meat you're smoking, and the heat will eventually travel to the meat, cooking it, killing off bacteria and infusing it with a rich flavor. Some people also like vertical smokers... depends on preference and, I would suppose, time able to be spent doing it.

Salting is another good technique for preserving meats, either with brine-soaking or via dry-salting.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom