• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    wonderin what things people have found in the woods. so far ive found a tree stand (not mine but on my property :xmad:), screw in tree steps, fishing poles, a knife, people ( not invited :xmad:) , and a keg with about 20 dixie cups around it :40oz: never know what you'll find

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    About 30 some years ago I found a recently burned Pontiac Firebird on a dirt road between some woods and a field. Went to the farmer's house who owned the land and he called the sheriff's department. No bodies, but apparently it had been reported stolen. I don't know if they figured out who torched it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My best find was two semi trailers full of stolen mobile home axles and wheels. Also found another semi trailer full of stolen christmas trees cut from our property. Also found several guys running fish traps illegally in the river. Man I had an exciting childhood I guess.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Heh... when I read the thread title... I first thought it said "thongs found in the woods"...and as much as I'd like to post an appropriate photo to accompany that image, I doubt it would remain. <sigh> Oh well. Use your imagination. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    Woods finds

Last week I found a big vine that swings accross a creek that will hold a 200lb guy! oh and a box turtle that the little neighbor girl calls "BLUTO"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did they at least take the tap? I mean come on, you're already losing the deposit on the keg, don't lose it on the tap, too!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've found a weather balloon deflated with instructions to give to local post office and had a hell of a time getting a US post office to take it

and I found a large doll that someone had shot with a shotgun and it scared the poop out of me, from a distance it looked like a 4 year old girl laying there dead.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    During muzzle loader season it always amazes me the number of dead deer I find that were apparently shot and never recovered.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    dead deer, deer skulls, all kinds of dead animals and animal skeletons, people screwing, tree stands, screw in tree steps, poachers and their poacher set ups, salt blocks, feeders, blinds and stands, tresspassers, dekes, their lunch, shells, seat cushions, couple knives, their plastic trail markers of all kinds, their arrows, a shovel, a hoe, horse shoes, chain saw bar stuck in a tree, a wagon wrench

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    ...found a body once....

What!!! you cant make a statement like that and just leave it!!! what was the rest of the story??? :popcorn:

and I found a Hound dog that somebody brought into our woods and hanged it, I was about 13 or 14 kinda freaked me out, somebody had to hate that dog allot and be kinda twisted to hang it from a tree and leave it there told my Dad and he thought I was nuts until I took him out and showed him kind of creeped him out too. :D

Last edited:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    My woods are fairly devoid of most common things like that I did scare the hell out of a couple of poor kids who were playing Paintball one time when I walked up on them wearing BDUs carrying my AR and asked them if anybody could play, bet they never pull into a farm trail and decide to borrow somebodies woods again.

Dang, you let 'em get away... you coulda had fresh meat right thar....

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    hey blaze261 it might be yours. i own better than a half mile of sugar creek
    by the way that was a long tine ago, if you forgot the keg how do you remember where it was

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    wonderin what things people have found in the woods. so far ive found a tree stand (not mine but on my property :xmad:), screw in tree steps, fishing poles, a knife, people ( not invited :xmad:) , and a keg with about 20 dixie cups around it :40oz: never know what you'll find

Sounds like you've got a new tree stand and a a few other goodies to list for sale :D

Top Bottom