• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    its hard to say what any of us would do in a situation like this so I wont comment any more on his "mercy" kill shots but I will say if he would of kept his damn mouth shut to the media I dont think he would be facing a prison term rite now. if we can learn anything from this I would say its to never speak to the media if you are involved in something like this.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Exactly. You pay an attorney big $$$ to do your talking for you. After a shooting, SHUT UP! and ask for legal representation. It is an adversarial system, folks. The cops, detectives, investigators, etc. are not your friends. They are doing a job.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    if we can learn anything from this I would say its to never speak to the media if you are involved in something like this.

That is what I was thinking too. Now some on the jury will think he is a liar when he is likely a mix of confused and embellishing.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, they are going to fry that guy.

Im sure in the heat of the moment things happen, but after he passed by the kid once to go get another gun, he obviously wasn't much of a threat that he couldnt stand over him and fire again. To top it off, that kid didnt have a gun, at least not one that I could see.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    righteous shoot gone bad, once the other kid left, he should have secured the downed kid's weapon and locked the doors until the cops came... he fooked up.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    He crossed the line from defender to attacker.
    Like others have said he is too calm while emptying his 3AT.
    Wa the downed BG going for his gun? Could the pharmicist have retreived the weapon or held him at gunpoint?
    I'd give the guy the benifit of the doubt and a fair trial but man that's tough. He's in a bad spot with all shots except for the first one.:twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    righteous shoot gone bad, once the other kid left, he should have secured the downed kid's weapon and locked the doors until the cops came... he fooked up.

Yep. They probably will not get him for murder, but manslaughter is a possibility. That is unless they find posts from him on an internet forum saying he would XYZ if robbed at his store. If his mouth ran before the event then they might have even more to hang him with.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    some stories are reporting he changed guns to fire the 2nd string....

I'm cheating I have a large pc screen but the first gun the guy shot was HUGE for a keltec. The pharmacist mentions a keltec then a judge and I think it was the other way around.

In a perfect world 2 shots fired 2 BG's dead no legal mess and I hope that Pharmacists gets 2nd ammendment loving, understanding jurors. I agree that the video makes it look bad but the kid might have been reaching for something and with no audio the pharmacists may have said "DON'T MOVE" and the kid may have moved. With the entire deal being less than a minute. I'm sure it felt like a few seconds.

I sympathize and wish him luck.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While I can not agree with the stomach kill shots being fired, the Pharmacist is a combat veteran and may have suffered a "flash-back". If this is the case, he may be charged with 2nd degree manslaughter. In no way would I consider it 1st degree murder.

My prayers will go out for him and his family. But, I feel sorry for the dead kid's family. However, the kids were punks if not gangsters. If only the family would have taught the kid better.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Based on what you can see from the video the shooter was in the wrong. You can't see what the criminal was doing but unless he was making aggressive movements I would still say the pharmacist was wrong.

To make matters worse it sounds like he told a different story each time he told it...which was often from what the DA said.

I'm not blaming him for the initial shoot, that was clearly a good one but the rest is iffy. It's a prime example of knowing when to stop and then the most important part...keeping your mouth SHUT.

Lord help me if I'm ever in that situation, that I'll know when to stop.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Do you think there was any concern over "revenge" and figuring he would elminate that threat of the guy coming back to get him at a later date? Just wondering what your thoughts are on that.

Obviously, there is a lot going on here and emotions get the best of everyone at one point or another....but definately some takeaways in this story.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I think in any shooting revenge is always a concern. Clearly the pharmacist was the good guy that appears to have made a horrible decision. Playing devils advocate the 16yo might have been a good kid that also made a horrible decision that day. By way he was dicking with his mask and his lack of gun I think he was an amateur.

HOWEVER the kid made the worst decision by breaking the law and the only reason the pharmacist made his horrible decision was because of that.

Unfortunately revenge does not end with the BG, it goes on to family and friends of the BG.

Hopefully the damage he has done by opening him mouth spewing different stories can be reversed and the jury will sympathize with him.

Either way, his life will never be the same.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Pharmacist is wrong. He was all set to be another hero when he defended the pharmacy. Shame he didn't stop with that. He became just another thug when he executed the robber.

We have a justice system to dole out punishment, not vigilantes. He wouldn't want me on his jury!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well the store was only 'half' robbed, so the owner should have only half shot the thugs.

That being said with irony, it doesnt look good for the owner, the video does NOT help him...

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I honestly feel sorry for the pharmacist and his family .

Since there wasn't any video / audio of what the "downed" kid was doing all I can do is speculate .

If the pharmacist would've left the boy with just one head shot , I'd be saying RIGHT ON MAN !!, GOOD FOR YOU !!! and US !!

Watching the video I can't help but think this man let his emotions over rule his intellect , and wanted to kill the MF'R that would attack him in such a away . (speculation)

Whatever the case he had a superior position to a wounded person , walked over and murdered the boy and he should do time over it . Maybe not life , but time .

You can not objectively watch his actions and call it anything else , again , too bad he didn't get the guy who had a gun .

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    This whole thing sucks! Because the bad guys make a decision to break the law and at gun point rob someone, they cause a man to react (poorly) in a way that gets him in trouble. I don't like the unnessessary shots fired by the owner but they instigated the whole thing and I don't know what the injured BG was doing. :dunno: I hope I'm never in his shoes. My prayers go out to him.

Top Bottom