• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What else would we expect out of obamas right hand man?
    We are so screwed till these type of people are out of power

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    From the article, Emanuel says, “Now we need you and other commercial banks to join this fight for safer streets."

Ye-a-a-h! How's that working out for you in your own city, Mr Mayor?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It'll never happen, but I would LOVE for ammo and firearm manufacturers to simply tell Rahm and others that they will no longer sell to anti-freedom State and City law enforcement. Once they run out of bullets, they are out. If they need replacement guns, they need to check the used market. If you "hate" guns, then we simply won't do business with you.

I doubt any this is financially possible for any manufacturer, but I would certainly support them as much as I could!

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    From the article:

"The mayors, who collectively purchase millions in firearms and ammunition for their police departments, said they’ll begin grading manufacturers on their compliance with public safety goals and reward those they rate the best and limit purchases with those who oppose regulations."

Wonder how Chicago PD would feel if ALL the manufacturers were limited for noncompliance and suddenly they couldn't get their guns and ammo.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    No problem - we "finance our own". And we don't do business with Chicago....

We don't require monetary assistance... let the [insert epithet of choice here] burn...

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    It'll never happen, but I would LOVE for ammo and firearm manufacturers to simply tell Rahm and others that they will no longer sell to anti-freedom State and City law enforcement. Once they run out of bullets, they are out. If they need replacement guns, they need to check the used market. If you "hate" guns, then we simply won't do business with you.

I doubt any this is financially possible for any manufacturer, but I would certainly support them as much as I could!

Maybe they could do a buyback and put a Hi-Point in the hands of every police officer. Instead of AR-15's they could all carry the easy-to-find AND cheap-to-purchase Mosin-Nagant. Think of the money that would save in the budget. I mean, it's against the law to carry a gun in Chicago, so what are they afraid of?

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly, they've made it illegal for the bad guys to have guns so there is no need for their police to have them either. Equip them with hugs and handshakes only.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    From the article:

"The mayors, who collectively purchase millions in firearms and ammunition for their police departments, said they’ll begin grading manufacturers on their compliance with public safety goals and reward those they rate the best and limit purchases with those who oppose regulations."

Wonder how Chicago PD would feel if ALL the manufacturers were limited for noncompliance and suddenly they couldn't get their guns and ammo.

Wow, that sounds like a content based selection process. No 1st Amendment problem there, is there?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm sure the politicians would feel just terrible if the police departments couldn't buy firearms or ammunition, terrible.

Insert purple where needed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From a similar article...
    Emanuel To Banks: Stop Supporting Gun Makers « CBS Chicago

In the letter, Emanuel says TD Bank offers a $60 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson, which produces the AR-15. That is the weapon used by James Holmes in the Aurora, Colo., theater massacre that killed 12 people. Emanuel wrote.

<gasp/> The nerve of TD Bank capitalizing on a free market! The only way we'll stop these senseless killings is if banks forget about all this free-market nonsense and be the social police we need them to be. In fact, they should extend this reasoning to ALL kinds of devices used to kill people. Banks funding manufacturers who make the type of knife Jodi Arias used should drop them as customers!

Not sure what to do about this one though...

Woman killed boyfriend with cleavage, WA authorities say

(note: purple implied where sensible)

Top Bottom