• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I made deal a while back for three Thermold 47 rd AK mags. They sat for a couple days before I had a chance to try them out and when I did, I was shocked to find that they absolutely would not fit in any of my AK's. The Maadi, Sar-1, Norinco's and WASR 10/63's all were a no-go. I even tried them in the Draco's. I even tried them in a WASR I don't use because the mag-well is so bubba-ed out that nothing will stay mounted. Again, nada, zip, zilch.

I'm pretty picky with my AK mags and typically use Bulgarian, Chinese, Romanian for the metal mags, and PMag for plastic. I do have a few other Thermolds though that function perfectly. A quick comparison of the old vs the new showed the area around the feed-lips on the new was approx 1/8" bigger.

So, I fired off a quick email to Thermold, explaining the problem. Within an hour, I had a response and an offer for them to replace all three at no cost. Keep in mind that I did not buy the bad mags from them (and told them so in my initial email). They didn't care and just wanted to make it right. I sent the bad mags out last Tuesday, they got them Friday and immediately shipped out my replacements. Got the new ones this afternoon and after verifying that they indeed would fit in all my AK's, I took them out for a live-fire test. Each new mag was filled and fired 4 times with zero issues!

So, Thermold may not make the finest product on the planet but the customer service provided by Tom and Sylvan was top-notch. And, I can honestly say that every Thermold mag I posess works like a champ. I won't hesitate to buy Thermold mags knowing that if there is a problem, at least they stand by their product and will quickly try to make it right.

+1 to Thermold.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I bought a handful of their 20rd AR mags @ $5ea and proceeded to try them out. Took a few on a couple range trips and no issues.
    Then loaded a pair up and let them set for 6 months. No troubles inserting and fired w/0 issues as well at the end of this time.
    I still prefer my Elanders but these are fine for bench or range mags.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Had a similar experience with tango down

Bought a used vertical grip and it wobbled with no way to adjust tension.

Sent an email they said they've seen fakes so I sent them pics of mine

2 weeks later had a new one at my door.

I think normally they only warranty products for a year so if they would've told me I'm SOL it wouldn't have been a big deal I only gave $15 for a $80 VFG

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom